• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Definitive Guide to Montreal Shopping

Mesta

Reaction score
The dude at reborn scares me yea :X

I couldn't do my big tour in the end... just went to simons
frown.gif

Brosef

Reaction score
Aww that sucks. Anything good from Simons?

BTW, is $60 for a hairdresser expensive for a guy? I really don't know a thing about that type of stuff, I usually shave my hair in my friend's garage, lmao.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brosef

BTW, is $60 for a hairdresser expensive for a guy? I really don't know a thing about that type of stuff, I usually shave my hair in my friend's garage, lmao.

$60 is a lot... a reasonable haircut by a barber will cost you like $15-20

reborn also carries w+h, its not just les Ã
00a9.png
toffes

Mesta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brosef

Well, they have their usual designers, only new one I noticed is versace. They should receive everything by the end of this month.
Too much y3, givenchy and disquared2 imho.

Mesta

Reaction score
went to les etoffes; wings + horns christophe lemaire melinda gloss rag&bone SNS vibskov n&f unis ervell etc...
smile.gif
Nice stuff. Update incoming tonight : ssense, reborn, rooney, simons, holt, duo, u&i. Sunny day!

Brosef

Reaction score
Still waiting for the update :p especially for Duo and U and I. Does TNT still carry menswear?

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Was able to visit a few stores in the past week so here is an update: Les Etoffes:
Originally Posted by Mesta
wings + horns christophe lemaire melinda gloss rag&bone SNS vibskov n&f unis ervell
+ Petar Petrov Chauncey Some good stuff, but a rather small selection from some of the brands (like 2-3 pieces of Ervell, 1-2 of Petrov). Quite a bit of SNS. Actually, my favorites were the Chauncey knits (a Belgian brand I think) in great colors (both the peach and the grey). U & I: Junya Watanabe Mihara Yasuhiro Haversack EG Phillip Lim Etc... Not a bad buy actually. Quite colorful in general. Junya trenches in yellow and blue, multicolored Junya blazer (best thing in the store imo...great fit but runs small, great fabric, etc), some nice Mihara. They don't generally stock smaller sizes though
frown.gif
Duo: Lanvin Dior Homme Prada Margiela Victor and Rolf Etc... Really safe / boring buy. Quite a large Lanvin selection (but nothing really interesting), not much Margiela, Dior Homme is horrible. They are still waiting for Balmain I believe. I did not look at the sister store (the slightly lower-end stuff next door). Simons: Alexander McQueen Junya Watanabe Givenchy Yohji Yamamoto Drkshdw Paul Smith / Dubuc / Marc Jacobs / Dsquared / Y-3 / D&G / Wooyoubngmi / Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair / Etc... In the midst of the eurotrashy stuff (this is the most eurotrash-esque buy of Drkshdw I've ever seen) there is some interesting stuff. They have a few pieces with the McQueen smoke (or whatever it is) print, some Yohji is nice, I didn't even hate the Givenchy (I'm as shocked as you are), Junya buy is kinda boring and mostly grey / white. I think they rotate the stuff quite a bit so I may have missed something. Rooney: ??? I've never been in there before. Went in and went out about a minute later. Lots of flannel. Clearly not my thing. Reborn: Lots of Rad Hourani Rad by Rad BBS Drkshdw Silent Etc... Lots of Rad Hourani which I've never warmed up to, but in spite of that some of it is nice. Some decent BBS at 60 off. They are getting more BBS, Damir Doma, and Gareth Pugh among other things. Also, not for this season, but they are looking at Siki Im and Devoa. Michel Brisson (Old Montreal): ??? Seriously, I can't remember one thing I saw in there other than lots and lots of boring shirting. Michel Brisson (Laurier): KKA (Attachment) Jil Sander Dries Van Noten Robert Geller Marni Rick Owens Etro / Tiger of Sweden / Etc... Less impressive than the brand list would lead you to believe. Some of the Attachment is decent, was super disappointed they had none of the flower print Jil stuff, was surprised how much I liked some of the Marni knits. Nice but meh. If anyone wants more info let me know (though I tend to gloss over the more boring stuff).

Jvog

Reaction score
hey, is the reborn website similar to what they have in stock in store? or is it something completely different. their webstore seems to be outdated considering the list of brands you named.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Platypus
Rooney: ??? I've never been in there before. Went in and went out about a minute later. Lots of flannel. Clearly not my thing.
Rooney is a nice little shop if you're into brands like Our Legacy, Monitaly, Gitman Bros, Filson, etc. Prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly. http://www.rooneyshop.com

Mesta

Reaction score
Well platypus did my job
tongue.gif
Thanks! Agree with you on the duo stuff. Although I bought shades there. The girl (axelle) can be a pain **********, good thing that she has beautiful eyes. Loved u&i. I tried that funky blazer and fell in love as well, perfect fit on me, the yellow parka is fuckin cool as well. Bought a hidden junya cardigan that was on sale :p (-60%). They still have a few junya pieces in sale (a green ugly thing and the collab with gloverall). Les etoffes: I forgot chauncey but had a good feeling about them as well. Indeed, they run a small selection but a good shop in general. Hated Brisson. Didn't even mention it. :p Ssense : good expensive stuff basically. Nice pieces. JVOG : they'll put the collection at the end of april for the sale. Ho they have CPs. One pair in sale.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heartlessphil
looks like a cool place...ill go check it out soon

dunno if somebody mentionned it but harry rosen. lots of great stuff including unaffordable tom ford suits :)

Really? Last time I went it was just a bunch of Etro, Boss Orange and Faconnable there. Quite bleh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads