• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decent workboot for the summer?

stoneb

Reaction score
I'm in need of new black or brown work boots, for a job that has me walking around outside for 9 hours a day in what will soon be 110-120 degree heat. I don't know **** about boots, so I thought maybe you folks could recommend me a pair up to $200.

Let me know if ******** anything up with this thread, as I'm obviously very new.

datasupa

Reaction score
Red Wing Gentleman Traveler, $244 at zappos

stoneb

Reaction score
Walking around is the exact purpose. I wear a GPS on my back and walk around city parks to map them out. To get more specific, I guess, I'll be walking through brush and on grass, rocks, and dirt, and I might get sprayed by sprinklers a little bit.

I also meant to say that I'm willing to spend up to $200.

datasupa

Reaction score
Red Wing Gentleman Traveler, $209 at cultizm

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Reaction score
The Russell Safari PH boot sounds perfect for you.
Or Palladium canvas boots. I have no experience with these. You can purchase from Orvis.

stoneb

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for all of the input and suggestions so far.
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Did you search for threads such as this? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=64151
That thread did not turn up when I hit the boots tag, but I did see it the other day and don't need professional-grade safety boots. I'm required to wear them as a part of my uniform, but I wanted advice on ones for hot as balls weather. edit: I just ran searches for "boots" and "summer boots," instead of just hitting the tag, but they weren't of any help
frown.gif

Fashion Savant

Reaction score
My advice would be shop an outdoors store, i.e. REI, for hiking boots. You want to try on the boot to insure a great fit. Also, buy some socks that will wick the moisture away from
your feet.

Englandmj7

Reaction score

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
So far, my post is best.

I kindly disagree. I asked all of my friends and none of them like your post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads