• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decent suit in Toronto

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Try on something at Brooks Brothers in the Royal Bank Centre on Front, then order a suit from the website on boxing day.

Chargersfan

Reaction score
I hear that Wal Mart is doing some wonderful things with petroleum based fabrics....George anyone??

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got 2 suits from Moores, buy one get one free. Both were actually fitted to begin with but I still told the sales person to take it in a bit in the jacket, I'll post pictures next week to see what you guys think.

smile.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Stollery's, corner of Younge and Bloor, still in business?

Albern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Is Stollery's, corner of Younge and Bloor, still in business?

It is but I don't know how. Not really worth going there either. Believe it or not they sell suits by Jaguar (yes the car company)
confused.gif

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
It is but I don't know how. Not really worth going there either. Believe it or not they sell suits by Jaguar (yes the car company)
confused.gif

Yes, it is still in business, always have a sale of some sort.
Don't think their line Jaguar is related to the car company.

sjg22

Reaction score
Worth a shot: Off the Cuff on Broadway just north of Yonge and Eg. They sell mint second-hand stuff (generally stuff originally bought at Harry's or Holts, with Zegna, Canali, Pal Zileri, Samuelsohn and Versace there the last time I popped by, with ties from Brioni and others) and are extremely selective about the stuff they take. Basically, if it looks like somebody else has owned it (or that it wasn't purchased in the last two years), its not being sold.

Good prices that are in the realm of the B&S on styleforum, and Lee is usually willing to bargain a little.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Holt's was already mentioned.
It was also clearly stated that Moores & International Clothiers were not preferred choices.
Please read carefully what others have said before spouting off.

yes it was but people were still mentioning these other places as good places to shop. so i didnt only spout off i also added info. your mom.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mom.
lol8[1].gif

Well the lad has already made a purchase at Moores if you scroll up.
He's probably young & good looking enough to pull off wearing a potato sack if he wanted to.
For the price he paid, his age, lifestyle & needs, he couldn't have gone wrong.
Let's be kind when he posts his photos.

Looch

Reaction score
Its been mentioned by many already, but Holt's Last Call has some great finds- I recently bought a Canali, Boss and Armani for a total of about $2800. The Boss suit was only $500. Also, the Boss outlet at Vaughn Mills has great deals- I recently got two nicely shaped suits for $700 each there.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moores
International Clothiers

Did you really suggest this?!

Get your measurements and watch the B&S forum amazing deals are in there every day.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Did you really suggest this?!
I really did. The guy who suggested Tip Top should also be addressed (flamed) with me. I did also recommend above $500 options (if you would kindly not take my words out of context.) The OP stated under $500 was his budget. I provided options for both worlds. Doesn't it ever occur to anyone to consider he may not be able to afford better? If he could afford more $$ he would have said so. He didn't. Maybe he just didn't want to buy someone elses used clothes. Maybe he doesn't have the experience to make (for him) blind purchases on B&S or Ebay. I did encourage him to not rush into it, and explore some higher options. The choice was his. Lastly, I'm sure we all know even wealthy people who buy suits & jackets at Moores, then remove the tags. Plenty of wealthy cheapskates out there. Lastly, I seriously doubt that 99% of the population he's exposed to will ever know the difference or even care. Lastly, Mom, if that's you under a different name now, please start dinner, I'm hungry.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
+1 here. I know you bought a couple of suits already at Moores. I'm in Toronto and decided to go the online route instead. I went with a suit each at Thick as Thieves ($480) and Indochino ($360). Both suits should be arrive before Christmas. I have to admit I do have some experience this MTM from HK and Thailand as well so I was confident with my measurements and comfortable ordering online.

Originally Posted by JD_May
Learn your measurements and buy online, or get ready to spend more than 500 bucks. Or stop caring about the quality of your suits. Even with the sales places you're not likely to find anything terribly useful, ie neutral colours.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really did.
The guy who suggested Tip Top should also be addressed (flamed) with me.
I did also recommend above $500 options (if you would kindly not take my words out of context.)
The OP stated under $500 was his budget. I provided options for both worlds.
Doesn't it ever occur to anyone to consider he may not be able to afford better?
If he could afford more $$ he would have said so. He didn't.
Maybe he just didn't want to buy someone elses used clothes.
Maybe he doesn't have the experience to make (for him) blind purchases on B&S or Ebay.
I did encourage him to not rush into it, and explore some higher options.
The choice was his.
Lastly, I'm sure we all know even wealthy people who buy suits & jackets at Moores, then remove the tags. Plenty of wealthy cheapskates out there.
Lastly, I seriously doubt that 99% of the population he's exposed to will ever know the difference or even care.

Lastly, Mom, if that's you under a different name now, please start dinner, I'm hungry.

Man of Lint you are a joker, I laughed so hard reading your posts.

But yes you are correct, I am young and have a entry level position so I can't afford the suits that cost $2000 espically when I'll wear it once or twice a year.

The first suit was a black on black pin stripe (the stripe is very very minor though) the brand is Alfred Sung.

The second suit was there own brand (pronto umo) its a blue and grey suit. Both suits are light weight also.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads