• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decent Slim/Skinny Jeans - Alternatives to Nudie?

Malthus101

Reaction score
Howdy

Always defaulted to Nudie jeans but I have come to a realization - they are baggy AF!

Even the slim Tims, skinny Lizzies, whatever they call them, they are all so baggy, especially around the knee, thigh... just not slim at all!

I don't know why I was under the illusion for so many years that they were the go-to skinny jean company.

So.. if they are not, then who is??

Thanks.

msimon

Reaction score
I don't recommend edwin as they are very generous in there sizing.

I have a very slim frame and in my experience lee riders are the closest thing for my build for a neat but not skin tight fit.

Lee 101 riders are 10inch thigh and 6.5inch bottom hem starting from 28.

Last edited:

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I don't recommend edwin as they are very generous in there sizing.

I have a very slim frame and in my experience lee riders are the closest thing for my build for a neat but not skin tight fit.

Lee 101 riders are 10inch thigh and 6.5inch bottom hem.

Partly agree! Once you get sizing right (I am usually a 33/34 but take a 31 in Edwin) the fit is great. I find the ED80 plenty slim (I'm a skinny guy).

msimon

Reaction score
Partly agree! Once you get sizing right (I am usually a 33/34 but take a 31 in Edwin) the fit is great. I find the ED80 plenty slim (I'm a skinny guy).

Yeah your right, good shout.

The curse of having a 29 waist in a world of vanity sizing, 28 can be to be big on me. Ed80 in 28 is actually a 31 waist, I would be swimming in it.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Yeah your right, good shout.

The curse of having a 29 waist in a world of vanity sizing, 28 can be to be big on me. Ed80 in 28 is actually a 31 waist, I would swimming in it.
Oh yeah, you'd need like an Edwin 26/27! (Which they probably don't make).

msimon

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you'd need like an Edwin 26/27! (Which they probably don't make).
Yep.

For the OP, levis and lee are for me the only ones I have found to be close to true to size if your a 28/29.

Sometime in the future I will try naked and famous.

Malthus101

Reaction score
Yep.

For the OP, levis and lee are for me the only ones I have found to be close to true to size if your a 28/29.

Sometime in the future I will try naked and famous.

I'm usually a 32 " waist and I find 32" leg too long (so jeans are all baggy at ankles/knees) but 30" is too short and they hang weird. No one makes a 31" leg as far as I know, and tailoring jeans seems to ruin them I have found, they just don't ever seem correct.

Life is so hard! lol

msimon

Reaction score
I'm usually a 32 " waist and I find 32" leg too long (so jeans are all baggy at ankles/knees) but 30" is too short and they hang weird. No one makes a 31" leg as far as I know, and tailoring jeans seems to ruin them I have found, they just don't ever seem correct.

Life is so hard! lol
What's your calf size?. Slim tapered fits may help you, however if you have pronounced calfs then you end up with the dreaded skinny jean syndrome.

Also spoke london do leg lengths in 31 if your in the UK.

Malthus101

Reaction score
What's your calf size?. Slim tapered fits may help you, however if you have pronounced calfs then you end up with the dreaded skinny jean syndrome.

Also spoke london do leg lengths in 31 if your in the UK.
Now here is a good answer! (not that the others weren't helpful but this is what I was looking for - thanks bro!

Ecstasy

Reaction score
Howdy

Always defaulted to Nudie jeans but I have come to a realization - they are baggy AF!

Even the slim Tims, skinny Lizzies, whatever they call them, they are all so baggy, especially around the knee, thigh... just not slim at all!

I don't know why I was under the illusion for so many years that they were the go-to skinny jean company.

So.. if they are not, then who is??

Thanks.

Levis and uniqlo. They didnt become more successful and well known for nothing.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about All Saints? They have a model called the Cigarette which I think would work for you.

Me, I wear Rogue Territory SK jeans mostly. Slim, but not skin tight. I love em.

Malthus101

Reaction score
Levis and uniqlo. They didnt become more successful and well known for nothing.

Nah... Levis may have been good in the good 'ol days but now I'm sure they're Vietnamese churned out cheap material rubbish. And their styling is bad. I've seen a friend get lucky once with a pair of Uniqlo jeans but they are high street at the end of the day....

Malthus101

Reaction score
What about All Saints? They have a model called the Cigarette which I think would work for you.

Me, I wear Rogue Territory SK jeans mostly. Slim, but not skin tight. I love em.

Rogue Territory SK are raw denim only?

Ecstasy

Reaction score
Nah... Levis may have been good in the good 'ol days but now I'm sure they're Vietnamese churned out cheap material rubbish. And their styling is bad. I've seen a friend get lucky once with a pair of Uniqlo jeans but they are high street at the end of the day....
U r saying vietnamese is rubbish?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads