• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decent Shoe Shop in Jakarta

pupjoint

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new here.

I am currently being based in Jakarta now; and i am trying to find some decent shoe shops that sells C&J , AE and other quality footwear.

Also need some Saphir shoe cream.

I have looked around the malls here, they have bits here and there, but nothing impressive. I couldnt even find decent shoe cream ....or maybe i have not been looking hard enough?

Would appreaciate if there are forummers here who know Jakarta a bit.

thanks.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've traveled to JKT multiple times for both business and pleasure, and I'm afraid you may be out of luck. Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia have the highest concentration of luxury boutiques, but I've yet to see any C&J or Aldens, which probably aren't sufficiently flash for the local aesthetic. Suggest you plan ahead during your next visit to s'pore or (better) HK.

pupjoint

Reaction score
hmmm...thanks...i would have figured so.

i may have to check out shops in Hong Kong then.

let me do a search here before i start asking for shops in Hong Kong. thanks.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pupjoint
hmmm...thanks...i would have figured so.

i may have to check out shops in Hong Kong then.

let me do a search here before i start asking for shops in Hong Kong. thanks.

Also plal in Malaysia

Saphir shoe polish can be had in HK I believe. Or you could order some for "A suitable wardrobe" (see affliate link above)

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that plal won't ship out of Malaysia any longer... but definitely great prices and service if you happen to be in KL.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
My understanding is that plal won't ship out of Malaysia any longer... but definitely great prices and service if you happen to be in KL.

Damn, that's a shame. I thought it was just C&J? I did mean if he is in KL though since he's in that region
smile.gif

If he know's his size, Pediwear are a great option.

suited&booted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pupjoint
Hi all. I am new here.

I am currently being based in Jakarta now; .......Would appreaciate if there are forummers here who know Jakarta a bit.

thanks.

To the OP, you may want to try this place Jalan SriWijaya (that's the brand name). They make shoes for cool Japanese houses like United Arrows etc. and even Armani (rumour I heard). Here is a write up in magazine: http://whiteboardjournal.com/news/fa...ed-arrows.html .

I've never tried them, but I guess if United Arrows does a colloboration with them it may stand for something. Prices ain't cheap for the shoe feautred in the mag write up either. You can click on the hyperlink : zozotown.com at the end of the article.

If you are able to check it out, please do tell us what's your opinion.

pupjoint

Reaction score
cool. i will check it out.

i am actually from malaysia and got my stuff from plal in KL.

just trying to hunt for some alternatives in Jakarta.

suited&booted

Reaction score
Yeah I got my 2 CJs from PLal last year and I'm from SIN. Good luck with the hunt.

pupjoint

Reaction score
just to add, Indonesia actually makes their own shoes under names like Andre Valentino, Mario Minardi and maybe a few more. why such a name i have no idea.

i got a pair myself too. will post pics later.

the leather is so so, but they do offer goodyear welted and build quality is considered very good.

pupjoint

Reaction score
this is the indonesian made shoe i was talking about.

very cheap here, about USD 85, KL i think they are selling for USD170

P1000092.jpg

P1000082.jpg

P1000080.jpg

P1000097.jpg

P1000098.jpg

P1000095.jpg

P1000096.jpg

P1000094.jpg

P1000109-1.jpg

rickimky

Reaction score
Was just in Jakarta a couple of months back and I'm pretty sure there were a few pairs of C&Js there.

I believe the shop is called LINEA @ Plaza Indonesia. Think they've got outlets elsewhere too. Both carried a few pairs of C&Js. No AEs though. Can't recall what else they had. They were having a decent sale when I visited (can't recall if C&Js were discounted though).

Good luck in finding em shoes.

stylomilo

Reaction score
Where did you buy the shoes from in Jakarta? I understand that the SriWijaya Brand is not sold in Indonesia due to the terms of the manufacturer's license.
I was given a name of someone who does bespoke shoes in Jakarta
PT Ethree Adabi
Jl Siagu 11 No 42
Pejateu Barat
Jakarta Selatan

Not sure if you have heard or or tried them but USD$110 ( Rupiah 1 million ) for bespoke shoes ( the figure quoted to me ) seems like a worthwhile & cheap experiment

pupjoint

Reaction score
i bought the brown ones from Debenhams.
lol8[1].gif

rickimky, i will the check out the place you mentioned.

this is what i found.

Handiman Ali
(General Manager)

PT UTALIYA
Jalan Karet Kuningan GG 21 No 22D
Jakarta Selatan 12930
INDONESIA
Phone + 62 21 5256425
Fax + 62 21 5251811
Mobile + 62 817070 2128
Email [email protected]

http://simplenotch.com/blog/2009/12/...-shoes-part-1/
http://simplenotch.com/blog/2010/01/...%80%93-part-2/
http://simplenotch.com/blog/2009/12/...mario-minardi/
http://simplenotch.com/blog/2010/02/...oxford-review/
http://simplenotch.com/blog/2010/02/...-for-business/

but at approx USD320 for bespokes, they really have to impress me for me to spend the money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads