• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decent In-Ear 'phones?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought these for running, anyone have any experience with them?

MX85_ProductPrivate.jpg

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^ Yes, I have a pair of those (and another pair of Sennheisers for running). Neither work very well because they don't seal off in your ear adequately.

IMO the best mid-range earphone for running is the Klipsch Custom 2.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Bought a pair of the Bose IE headphones. The sound is good to my ears, although my eardrums are probably supremely messed up after years of drumming and listening to very loud music. That said, the damn things just feel as if they are about to fall out of my ears, and I've tried all the sizes of the rubber buds that came with them. Wondering if I should just buy the over the ear headphones for listening at home, and stick with my Sony earbuds for running?

Interesting, Gnatty. They are opposite for me. Finally, ones that stay in during workouts.

My review of the Bose mobile in-ear headset. The quality surprised me. FWIW...

Cheers, a

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paid 99 dollars - Amazon Gold Box Deal of the Day.

Not to mention, aren't we talking about high-end audio? Moreover, we're logged into StyleForum right now, right? 400 dollars is pittance!

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Paid 99 dollars - Amazon Gold Box Deal of the Day.

Not to mention, aren't we talking about high-end audio? Moreover, we're logged into StyleForum right now, right? 400 dollars is pittance!

Good deal and $400 is small time.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
^^ Yes, I have a pair of those (and another pair of Sennheisers for running). Neither work very well because they don't seal off in your ear adequately.

IMO the best mid-range earphone for running is the Klipsch Custom 2.

ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by audiophilia
Interesting, Gnatty. They are opposite for me. Finally, ones that stay in during workouts.

My review of the Bose mobile in-ear headset. The quality surprised me. FWIW...

Cheers, a

Thanks a, I look forward to reading your review!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually don't mind the Sennheiser I posted above. It took some fiddling with the attachments to get them sized properly, but I am very impressed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads