1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Debate Tie Colors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lafont, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Lafont

Lafont Senior member

I'm sure many noticed in the first debate Romney wore a basically red tie and Obama a blue one, but that they switched dominant colors for this one.... Biden's tie last week looked signature Brooks Brothers to me, though I associate BB in general much more with the other side.

As an aside, was anyone else a bit awe-struck by both candidates' wives, at the debate last evening, both coming out at the end wearing bright pink? Was that a pure coincidence?:uhoh:

2. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

Both sides are trying to win the woman vote. I assume that's why Obama was wearing a pink breast wristband (for breast cancer?).

And the suckers eat it up.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I came here thinking there would be a debate about tie colors. Seriously. And I'm a little disappointed.

I can see BB being Republican. What tie brand would be associated most with Democrats (not necessarily cultural liberalism)?

4. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

Anything Italian because it's Unamerican.

5. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

Can we please stick on this forum to men's clothing and leave the political trench fighting to other boards?

6. OinkBoink

OinkBoink Senior member

I doubt it.

7. Lafont

Lafont Senior member

Democrat: narrow ("skinny") and plain - trendy and youthful. You can see it throughout much of GQ -e.g. the way Editor Jim Nelson is portrayed in his photo. Possibly silly tie, too - e.g. cartoon, ultra-bright, etc. Or look at lesser known menswear periodicals and catalogs.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012