• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dealing With Bad Customer Service...

Jay687

Reaction score
How would you deal with this?

I want to get a wool coat from Sterlingwear. Unfortunately, they have been absolutely horrendous at getting back to me. I have emailed and called nearly 4 times each. I want a few measurements on a jacket... but they are basically ignoring my requests.

-First email, got back to me after a week and disregarded the question about measurements.

-Second email, never answered.

-First call, the women who does measurements is at lunch. I leave a message asking about chest/shoulder/length measurements on a 2 jacket sizes. Leave my number and email. Never emails or returns call

-Call again a few days later and speak with the women who deals with the products. She gives me an attitude when she says "I'd have to go and do those measurements myself." I politely tell her, I need the measurements if I want to buy a jacket... could you do them? She agrees and takes my email/number. No response. I wait a few days and...

-Then call again (end of last week). I speak to general customer service women and am a bit mad at this point, but maybe they got my email wrong? I make sure they have it right and hope things get set straight.

Where do I stand? No contact whatsoever still.

How difficult is it to make 6 measurements and write them down? Seriously, she gets paid for that kind of thing...

What should I do? Call and speak to manager/owner and complain? Ask politely one last time?

Seriously... ridiculous. If they didn't have such well priced jackets, I wouldn't even want to buy from them anymore.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Look-up Mega peacoat thread
2. Go through some pages
3. In case you couldn't find anything, use search

/problem fixed

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Assuming there is no way that you can try the jacket on, buy the one you want. If the jacket doesnt fit have it exchanged for one that does.

She doesn't get paid to take a laundry list of measurements so if you want to catch those flies you might want to use honey and ask how the coat fits her customers. She also might be worried that if she doesn't take the measurements correctly that you wont be happy with the jacket.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most big online retailers are unable or unwilling to provide exact measurements of specific items. This includes Saks, Neimans, Bergdorf, LuisaViaRoma, Raffaello Network, Ssense, Revolve, Yoox, Gilt, and just about everyone else I can think of, though there are a few exceptions (Forward posts a pretty good set of measurements).

If you demand exact measurements, you can look on eBay for an auction with precise measurements posted. Otherwise: (1) buy a different peacoat in person at a store where you can try it on, (2) find the Sterlingwear peacoat at a store and try it on, then buy online, (3) get a different peacoat somewhere else online that provides measurements or whose sizing you are familiar with

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go elsewhere. Sterlingwear Peacoat isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway.

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
In soviet russia, bad customer service deal with you!

Jay687

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig
something tells me this will shortly be showing up as Story #31 in this thread.

How am I being a rude customer?

And to those saying I shouldn't be asking for measurements... if they want to say, then say no. That's an entirely different issue than agreeing to do it and never getting back to me.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay687
How am I being a rude customer? And to those saying I shouldn't be asking for measurements... if they want to say, then say no. That's an entirely different issue than agreeing to do it and never getting back to me.
did you read the stories in the thread? (i have to admit that i only had the patience to get through about a third of them). many of them weren't about rude customers at all... it wasn't you i was making fun of. i do think you were expecting too much though.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size are you looking for? Im going to sell mine anyway, if youre looking for sz 38 measurements drop me a line and ill PM you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads