• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DC is hoppin'

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traffic was light but there were lots of people around. About as many as for Cherry Blossoms but it is much colder and the Museums are closed and traffic is MUCH, MUCH lighter.

Nice.
smile.gif

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HEH! Traffic got bad after I posted this. A lot of cars and police now.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let us know what it's like tomorrow.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, this is some crazy ****. It is almost 1:00 AM and freezing out and there are still non-stop people and cars. This is right off of the mall and this place has nothing around. This place is deserted at 9:00 PM on a normal night.

Frikkin' Amazing.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, this is really, really insane. It is 20º F and going on 6:00 AM and people are walking around like it was noon on July 4th weekend. Cops have the streets closed off to cars now and I see lots of buses and the vendor trucks are parked in a group so they may only be able to setup tables.

Come on down if you like to freeze your ass off and want to be part of a crowd trying to figure out how to get the hell out of town once this is over.

These people are insane.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
These people are insane.

+1. I'm just going to watch it from work. I was offered a MARC train ticket to go down if I wanted, but honestly I have no desire to be stuck down there with all these other people.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teh polize is in mah building using mah toiletz.

Don't taze me bro!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
Teh polize is in mah building using mah toiletz.

Don't taze me bro!

lol8[1].gif

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
I'm interested in the kind of people that are there, age, race, education, etc. I know they are after-parties throw by celebrities a la NBA All-Star Weekend but is it that crazy? Are the girls trying to hook-up and what not?

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Scrappy
I'm interested in the kind of people that are there, age, race, education, etc. I know they are after-parties throw by celebrities a la NBA All-Star Weekend but is it that crazy? Are the girls trying to hook-up and what not?
I have not been to any parties. But the crowd seems pretty diverse though most do not seem affluent. A lot of African Americans from all over the country (Passed a LOT of out of state tags yesterday) though the demographics of the area would lend to a strong representation.

A lot of kids and teenagers. Everyone looks so happy. Lots of girls.

This is easily bigger than the million mn march and the immigration march.

I saw one loser with a camp chair in a back back with a thermos sticking out of a side pocket. He looked so smug. Too bad loser, you are not getting in with that.

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
Cool, I'm glad you are having a good time. I need to be there. I know a girl who lives a couple miles from the Capitol.

Are you going to any events tonight?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads