Dc hairstylists

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by daeagle, Jun 13, 2004.

1. daeagle

daeagle Member

What are good hairstylists in the DC/Northern Virginia area?

Thanks

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

I like the Grooming Lounge on L just off Conn. Ave (downtown). Sip a beer and get your hair cut. Followed by a real straight edge razor shave.

Also like Nantucket on H btw. 14th and 15th.

3. daeagle

daeagle Member

Approximately how much does it cost?
    Thanks

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Both about 30 I think

5. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

http://www.groominglounge.com Haircut is $50, shave is $45. Despite the price, they're meat and potatoes meaning they'll cut your hair, but I don't think they do highlights or anything more "stylish". They use a Mach 3 razor for the shave, not a straight blade, but that's all I know as I have not gotten a shave there.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I go to the Grooming Lounge, and my stylist has in the past tried to convince me to get highlights. Â So they do do highlights, but I'm not sure how much that service costs. Â On a side note, I've never understood the appeal of a barbershop shave. Â I have to shave a day later, so what good is it? Â If I didn't have to shave for a week, it might be worth it . . .

7. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

I stand corrected. I missed the hair coloring service. It looks like it's in the back room which is why I probably never noticed.

8. daeagle

daeagle Member

Thanks for all your help. I think I am going to check out The Grooming Lounge. In the past, I've just gone to the local barber shop and gotten just a regular guy's haircut (basically just cut my hair short) but I'm ready for a change so hopefully they'll be able to get me a new hair style.

9. houston

houston Well-Known Member

I haven't been impressed with haircuts I've gotten at the Grooming Lounge, although I do like the atmosphere. Try Molecule at 18th and M - its about the same price and more talented people working there.

10. kabert

kabert Senior member

Molecule, huh? Never heard of it or seen it, though I don't get over to 18th and M too often anymore. I will definitely check it out. And, $50 for a haircut at Grooming Lounge. I guess I always just sign the credit card receipt without looking. Frankly, I like the atmosphere, but I'm not sure it's $20 better than Nantucket (which is close to my office as well).

11. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Another place you may want to consider is Salon XYZ in Adams Morgan at Florida and 18th. A good spot, not too pretentious and with talented stylists. A haircut there is $40, so not cheap.