• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DB fit critique

TRA8324

Reaction score
I bought this RLPL DB off of B&S for a steal. It's a 42L. I normally where a 42R, but i've never tried on RLPL before. Do you guys think it's doable? If I decide to keep it I plan on taking off 2 inches of length, taking out some shoulder padding, and swapping the buttons with nickel blazer buttons or MoP.
dbfront.jpg
dbback.jpg
I know my bedroom is a mess...i just did laundry and i'm lazy. http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1034/dbback.jpg http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6021/dbfront.jpg

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
looks great! only take off one inch max. put on some black smoked MOP buttons.
U723_small.jpg

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
looks great!

only take off one inch max.

put on some black smoked MOP buttons.
U723_small.jpg

Thanks! Those black ones look great. It was actually part of a suit, but for $75 I figure I can make it a blazer.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jacket. Too bad the arms are too tight...

Poindexter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Nice jacket. Too bad the arms are too tight...

Ah, that's just because he's such an animal!

Looks like an awesome fit to me, brah. Some of the literati might call it an inch long, but I like jackets (especially DB) just a little frocky.

Aloha,

Poinz

Poindexter

Reaction score
Also absoloodley agree about the smoked MOP buttons. Where do those come from, my man?

P

roots

Reaction score
Nice fit. Definitely take off a bit of the length if you can.

JohnShaft

Reaction score
I could see taking the inch or so off the overall length.

I'd leave the shoulders.

Are you an FC shirt guy? If so, you might need to back the sleeve length up a hair.

Oh, and +1 on that smoked MOP button recommendation. I like shinier buttons but on a DB they can get to be a bit too much.

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnShaft
I could see taking the inch or so off the overall length.

I'd leave the shoulders.

Are you an FC shirt guy? If so, you might need to back the sleeve length up a hair.

Oh, and +1 on that smoked MOP button recommendation. I like shinier buttons but on a DB they can get to be a bit too much.

You don't think the shoulders make me look too much like a fullback?

Yeah, i wasn't sure on the sleeves. I think a little back would be good.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
he's got my endorsement - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3776285 I've got a pair of those black smoked MOP from the thread above and compared them to an OTR SC with mock MOP plastic buttons Ive got and they're miles apart. The real ones above really stand out as being way nicer.

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
he's got my endorsement - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3776285

I've got a pair of those black smoked MOP from the thread above and compared them to an OTR SC with mock MOP plastic buttons Ive got and they're miles apart. The real ones above really stand out as being way nicer.

Thanks for the link. I assume 32L for the coat buttons and 24L for the sleeves?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
His advice to me - the sleeve buttons are size 24L, and the front buttons are size 30L-32L for single breast, and 32L-34L for double breast. Ask him though, he's a nice guy!

PS - I suggest buying a spare (or two) of each size just incase and sew them inside or put them in a bag in an inside pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads