• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DB Blazer with Patch Pockets?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whoah, I didn't know the party was in this thread. I'm just sad I wasn't invited.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ I think you have a hard one for me (from much before this occasion) and as such I generally try to ignore your comments.

Regarding whnay caring or giving a ****, he could easily have ignored my innocuous comment. Rather, he chose to rebut them in a forceful manner as is his prerogative. Thus saying that he doesnt care a **** is rather difficult for me to believe.

I have never considered a Foo a sartorial master though the Get Foofed thread is good for getting some ideas.

Example of Foo in action (this also proves whnay's point of clothes looking different in action)

Originally Posted by Lonneker
Just to state the obvious: there is indeed something funky going on with Bill's mid-section.

lurker[1].gif

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Looks fine, it looks like maybe shirt bunching or something. You guys are picky beyond a reasonable notion sometimes.

oh gawd!!! can we just move on!!!

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Whoah, I didn't know the party was in this thread. I'm just sad I wasn't invited.

That's only because you're usually the host. Consider yourself as having a permanent standing invite to these kinds of thread.
wink.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Cloth is a 12 oz fresco from Drapers.

Any more details on the cloth? I might DTO this idea.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Any more details on the cloth? I might DTO this idea.

I've got the number saved somewhere on my home computer, I'll post it in this thread.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I've got the number saved somewhere on my home computer, I'll post it in this thread.

Cheers. Also - any reason you went w/ the Draper fresco over the Minnis?

I have no experience with either for what it's worth.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't think R gets Minnis.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I don't think R gets Minnis.

Yes he does. My grey flannel is Minnis and one of my jackets is Hardy Worsted Alsport.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Still think that a BigTimer subforum is a good idea where sartorial gods can discuss bespoke clothing and make fun of AE seconds without being disturbed by the small timer nerds who cant get laid under any circumstances.

This attitude that you have about SF being some sort of playground with "the cool kids" and not so cool kids and you feeling not being part of the "cool crowd" is apparent in many of your posts.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhhh.... anyone else up for posting pics?? Their own or otherwise...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Uhhh.... anyone else up for posting pics?? Their own or otherwise...

Ideally, such a photograph would be presented by someone from Singapore.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's the problem: for those of us who just want to dress well in the classic way, there is a base body of knowledge that must be mastered. This can be done via the internet these days. However, once one has accomplished that, there is not nearly as much to talk about. That's why so many newcomers to bespoke post a lot early on, then taper off. The vast majority of the people who stick around, I wager, aren't in it just to dress well. They want to belong to a community, import/export a lifestyle, get approval, gain status, etc. That's how Styleforum carries on 90% of the time. If it were just people who wanted to dress well, I doubt the forum would be anything worth mentioning.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
^^ You forgot, "pissing off a wide swathe of people," in your list.

- B

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Here's the problem: for those of us who just want to dress well in the classic way, there is a base body of knowledge that must be mastered. This can be done via the internet these days. However, once one has accomplished that, there is not nearly as much to talk about. That's why so many newcomers to bespoke post a lot early on, then taper off. The vast majority of the people who stick around, I wager, aren't in it just to dress well. They want to belong to a community, import/export a lifestyle, get approval, gain status, etc. That's how Styleforum carries on 90% of the time. If it were just people who wanted to dress well, I doubt the forum would be anything worth mentioning.

I wonder how my status is now. BTW, I have ZERO Andy points, if that matters.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I wonder how my status is now. BTW, I have ZERO Andy points, if that matters.

You will always have several points with me.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads