• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Davids shoes: quality, value, comments?

creampiggy

Reaction score
Does anyone here has some experience with Davids shoes made in Canada? They retail CAD$300-600 according to their website. I am referring to shoes actually made by Davids, not the ones they carry but with other brands like Zegna, Ferragamo.

http://davidsfootwear.com/index.php?...&page_id=about

How is the quality of the shoes made by Davids? What is the comparable SF better-know brand to Davids?

Reaction score
I don't think that any of their shoes are made in Canada. However, David's does carry a lot of Italian shoes if you like the pointy toed look.

creampiggy

Reaction score

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seems like a small store, why dont you email them and ask who makes them?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the David's flagship store at the corner of Bay and Bloor and I never even noticed that they had a house brand. Much of the stuff was Zegna, Calvin Klein, Boss. If the shoes are made in Canada they are probably decent, but for the price range I don't think they would warrent a purchase unless they were heavily discounted.

Albern

Reaction score
I too don't recall a "David's" house brand. I went into both the Bay Street and the Bayview Village locations and noticed that most things were overpriced given their construction and overall quality. Maybe the odd blake stitched shoe but mainly glued with respect to what's available there. The price range you've indicated is about right; for that money you're better looking elsewhere, particularly the B & S section.

Nexus6

Reaction score
I have 2 pair of DAVIDS house brand. Here are some pics. Both in the $400 range. The Captoe balmoral with broguing Very comfortable BUT I had a nightmare with them: 1) The soles wore out as though the sole leather were made of cardboard. They were only lightly worn. Not pavement pounded. $35 later (I had my cobbler put new Half-soles on) the soles are ok now. 2) The Upper of the shoes began seperating from the welt. All my cobbler could do (without spending a fortune) was to epoxy the loose upper back to the sole. ($10) I am not happy with this pair. It was not worth the money & trouble. No I couldn't return them because I didn't have time. The only saving grace, aside from comfort, are the compliments Istill receive, but only if I wear them with some charcoal grey jeans. The second pair are the monkstraps Same price ($400) A much better made shoe. I was so terrified that the soles would wear out too fast, so I had some TOPYs put on after only a week. The uppers are staying attached to the sole, so these pair are fine, and I enjoy them. Last thought... for $400 invest in Allen Edmonds if you are in Canada. My DAVIDS monk is very close to an AE 'Thayer' anyway. and I should have bought the AE's. In fact, One good place to go with your $400 (If you are in Toronto), is the Heartland Centre in Mississauga. Harry Rosen Clearance store there...much better prices. In fact, a lot of other clearance stores there as well. No more DAVIDS shoes for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads