• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

David Chu Bespoke Give-away

Owan

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm working with a great guy's magazine - Refined Rogue - to give away twenty awesome ties from David Chu Bespoke in a new partnership with the designer.

David Chu was the founder of Nautica in the 80s, and after selling, he's back as creative head of Tumi luggage, with a new menswear collection in Saks and Bergdorf, and new bespoke line in NY. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for.

We just opened the box of ties - they're flawless and valued at $225.

In the little time that you're not on StyleForum, get more info at www.refinedrogue.com. These ties have to go to somebody!

thanks

grujaz10

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by "give-away", but I'm interested...

Owan

Reaction score
This is a promo for another guy's website - pretty cool articles - the writing's hilarious. Anyway, by subscribing or referring someone to the e-newsletter, you're entered into the drawing to win one of twenty ties from David Chu Bespoke.

New subscriber gets one entry; each referral thereafter is an additional entry into the drawing. This goes through 8/20. Take a look - if you like the content of the site, its definitely worthwhile.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty lame excuse to get people to sign up but what do I know?
smile.gif

Owan

Reaction score
We're working directly with David Chu Bespoke on this in a longterm partnership - this is just the beginning, and stemmed from an article on his new bespoke line.

Need another reason? I've got a box of great looking ties sitting in my office waiting for someone to wear em. For free.

We pay shipping, Chu supplies the ties, you get to look good. Not a bad deal to me.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why is it called bespoke? Is it custom made?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some interesting content but the absence of any bylines or masthead gives it an advertorial feel.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pics of the ties would help (which sell here for $50-60 by the way). An explanation of how his "bespoke" line is different than his regular line would also help. Lastly, what does Tumi luggage have anything to do with David Chu? I know he already has a bad diffusion line (LINCS) and his regular line stuff isn't exactly flying out the doors at Saks so maybe he should concentrate a little bit more on improving sales of his flagship brand before he tries to become the next Ralph Lauren.

Marathonrunner

Reaction score
Chu's the new creative director at Tumi. And I've been to Chu's new bespoke townhouse in Manhattan - gorgeous suiting. Needless to say after indulging there, I'm up for anything free!

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marathonrunner
Chu's the new creative director at Tumi. And I've been to Chu's new bespoke townhouse in Manhattan - gorgeous suiting. Needless to say after indulging there, I'm up for anything free!

Do you know more about their bespoke process? I got the impression from someone who visited the townhouse for a meeting that they take measurements and the suits are made in HK or China.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marathonrunner

Why would he do luggage when he is trying to get the bespoke business up an running?

Originally Posted by chorse123
Do you know more about their bespoke process? I got the impression from someone who visited the townhouse for a meeting that they take measurements and the suits are made in HK or China.

That would be so depressing.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Why would he do luggage when he is trying to get the bespoke business up an running?

It's a different deal. I don't think he's spending all that much time designing for Tumi, though I could be wrong.

I for one think it's great. Tumi is not terrible but the design is generally pretty ugly.

Marathonrunner

Reaction score
Doesn't Hong Kong have some of the best tailors in the world, after Italy and England?

Owan

Reaction score
Guys,
Just a reminder that we've just passed the midpoint for the David Chu Bespoke tie giveaway. Subscribe to the Refined Rogue free email newsletter, and get entered into a drawing for one of twenty free ties. Get an additional entry for every friend you refer. Take a look at www.refinedrogue.com.
Thanks and good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics