• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

David Bowie looks pretty good in more conservative wear.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I remember when MTV used to play this at Christmastime.

FWIW - David Bowie looks pretty good in almost anything.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He looked flawlessly patrician as a banker in a recent movie.. Yes, that's a cane and he also had a glass eye.

stumy

Reaction score

What's the deal with the low rise pants trend on suits? In my opinion it makes Josh Hartnett's legs look short, while failing to achieve any positive effect.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stumy

What's the deal with the low rise pants trend on suits? In my opinion it makes Josh Hartnett's legs look short, while failing to achieve any positive effect.

he is kind of a douchebag in the movie, so maybe it's a part of it

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's part of modern American "fashion."

laphroaig

Reaction score

You consider that low rise? I would put that in the medium range. I'm a little bewildered by the huge (understatement) rise still popular in the US where the belt falls on or above the belly button. I guess in comparison to that, this could be considered low. In my opinion shortening the inside leg by wearing your trousers lower would make your legs look short, as does an overly long jacket, but not the rise.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
The lack of tie is a bit off with a three piece. I've never liked it, the negative space a waistcoat creates really needs a tie. It does appear to be DB, curiously enough.

Bowie though, especially of the last decade, has a pretty damn regal bearing. His career has proven that he can look good in almost anything, aside from the Lets Dance period.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just watched this movie last night. Biggest waste of 2 hrs of my life. About the only redeeming factor was that Kid A was part of the soundtrack.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Yes, that's a cane and he also had a glass eye.

David Bowie does not have a glass eye. He has a permanently dilated pupil one one eye.

He wears black tie pretty well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 237 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.8%