Dating taller women

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by chicagobull, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

One of my friends is 5'11 (puts her even with me at 6' when wearing heels), and she's gorgeous. I would have no reservations about dating someone as tall (or taller) than me.. If anything it gives out a positive vibe.. you'll look more down-to-earth (NO PUN INTENDED) and not image concentrated.

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I am morbidly afraid of tall women. Every photo I've seen of Tom Cruise with Nicole Kidman, it looks like she is only moments away from destroying him on a whim.

We could have only hoped. Xenu interfered though!

P.s. I don't see that being an issue. If you are attracted and have feelings for the woman, big deal.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Seriously, if you have to ask, your priorities are broken.

I'm 5'10" and I've dated a 6' tall girl. Really not an issue.

4. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

With or without heels? I say 5'10" because with 3 inch heels that still puts them an inch above me (which is fine). Then again, I wouldn't exactly rule out a 6' girl...
    6', not including heels. Didn't really think about it.

5. chicagobull

chicagobull Well-Known Member

Seriously, if you have to ask, your priorities are broken. I'm 5'10" and I've dated a 6' tall girl. Really not an issue.
    Like I said, I just met this girl and getting to know her. She is good-looking, very intelligent, and easy to talk to, and also coming off a long term relationship (could be a good thing or a bad thing). I have a handful of other options at the moment, but this one intrigues me, perhaps because she is different than other girls I have dated (not just b/c she is tall). She could also be intriguing to me because she is on the rebound... For some reason, I love to "diversify my portfolio" if you will, especially while I am still young, and date women of all types, ethnicities, etc. The only thing I maintain constant is that they are attractive, intelligent, and fun. I feel that every woman can teach a man something, and dating only women who fit a certain mold is a waste of time. Then again, if a girl is "JUST your type", then may as well go for it. Do any other guys out there have a similar dating philosophy?

6. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I'm 5'7" also, so dating women who are taller comes with the territory. Not a problem for me. I have dated, or at least flirted with dating, women who were 5'10" and probably another inch taller. In stocking feet mind you; in heels they obviously were even taller.

b

7. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

For some reason, I love to "diversify my portfolio" if you will, especially while I am still young, and date women of all types, ethnicities, etc. The only thing I maintain constant is that they are attractive, intelligent, and fun. I feel that every woman can teach a man something, and dating only women who fit a certain mold is a waste of time. Then again, if a girl is "JUST your type", then may as well go for it. Do any other guys out there have a similar dating philosophy?
    My history with women is fairly "diversified", in terms of "types" of looks. My curse is that I have a tendency to fall for fiercely intelligent (and often fairly nervous) women.

8. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

Damn, well someone mind telling me what I’m doing wrong? My “portfolio” is not “diversified” at all. Truth be told, all I get is crazed out fatties, its like they got me on a homing beacon or something. Now I’m not a chubby chaser or nothing but even when I’m talking to an average weighted girl, she just dumps me on her fat friend the moment some frat guy shows up.

9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

My curse is that I have a tendency to fall for fiercely intelligent (and often fairly nervous) women.

So, like, Woody Allen with breasts?

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

So, like, Woody Allen with breasts?

lol. I can just imagine that...

11. Smooth Genes

Smooth Genes Well-Known Member

it really depends. If the girl is built like a model type, then hell yeah i would have no problems daying a chick 5'10-6ft. Im 5'8-5'9 but im a confident bastard and i stand up straight and go boldly wherever I am.

Doing that with a 6 ft model on my arm would please me greatly. Its great having those long legs wrapped around you.

Now, if the girl is built like a basketball player, big bones...you know the type, just huge girls. not fat but just built like beasts. No thanks.

12. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

My curse is that I have a tendency to fall for fiercely intelligent (and often fairly nervous) women.
    Nice to hear I'm not alone. I recently fell in love with a woman while backpacking in Europe. Not only a English Lit and Art History grad but speaks Italian as well. She was also a bit of a neurotic and hypochondriac. It was cute for the few weeks we spent together but I'm sure would grate on me eventually. Back to the topic. Chi-town, don't worry about it, it's just insecurity talking. There is something very sexy about a tall woman wrapping her legs around you. A. Edit>Grammar

13. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

So, no help with the fatties then? I knew I was doomed...

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

So, no help with the fatties then? I knew I was doomed...
    Can't you just say 'no'?

15. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Can't you just say 'no'?

I'd suggest a No Fat Chicks t-shirt.