1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dating Scene- What are the do's and dont's on the first date?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Blackberry, Jun 14, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

No BS.

But I can tell you that if you are out for some faster love:

1. Be polite and a gentleman
    2. Open the car door, have non roses, flowers on the seat, fasten her in with a sly smile
    3. be well groomed,dress for theoccassion, smell good commonsense
    4. be in excellent physical shape
    5. be good looking already[​IMG]
    6. compliment hert wardroble and hairas women obesses about hair its universal.
    7. glance at her body but don't hold the look
    8. Have a convertible perferable sport and foreign made unless you are in the sticks
    9. take her home after picking her up for a drink
    10. make the drink champagne and that you are celebrating your 1st date
    (50% of the time I've never even left my apartment for the dinner reservartion if the conversation is good and it leads to something[​IMG] private

Definitly drink alcohol as soon as possible as it loosens you both up and let's down inhibitions.

11. speak of common passions, interests stay on what you have in common, music, food, etc.
    12. nothing is 100% as woman are so hot/cold, emotional, torn up over recent events,past relationships, etc. it may not be you at all.

I've found women to love absense, drama, etc. and biceps/chest, shoulder and a fit bod.[​IMG]

A cool Car
    A cool Wardrobe--cashmere,velvet, and high end linen sportcoats can do you wonders.
    polite/gentleman
    be well groomed
    be a bit mysterious and don't let alot of personal info out
    Drink alcohol, always order a bottle of wine/champagne always never by the glass

AND MOST IMPORTANT AND BASICALLY ALONG THE LINE OF WHAT IamMatt is asking:
    Have a plan to go somewhere after dinner, but always ask if they would like to be low key and "rent a movie" essentially this is code for "do you want to get physical right now" PS I've never watched more that 15 minutes of any rented movie. NEVER. If they say yes, which alot do, that means they are totally into you. Always ask this, always.

Hire your maid to come in the day of and your bed should be a king /queen sized luxurious but not tacky love inviting place.

Great advice, has always worked well for me (well, minus the convertable, but girls like SUVs too).

The major theme of this is be classy without seeming like you are going out of your way to appear classy.

The little things such as having good alcohol on hand, ordering bottles rather than glasses, wearing nice fabrics, playing 'good' music in the car/home and watching 'good' movies, grooming, and manners all score major points in the 'classy' department.

Definitely offer compliments on her wardrobe and jewelry and hair, but never directly about her body (at least on the first date or so, unless you are having sex with her, then you can compliment her body all you want). We will have an advantage because we know all about the fabrics, style details, and designers, whereas most men are clueless about this sort of thing.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

You should never attempt the Donkey Punch, Dirty Sanchez, Cleveland Steamer, The Flying Camel, New York Taco, Glass Bottom Boat, or The Shocker on the first date.

Wait until at least date 2.

3. Soph

Soph Senior member

Great advice, has always worked well for me (well, minus the convertable, but girls like SUVs too).

The major theme of this is be classy without seeming like you are going out of your way to appear classy.

The little things such as having good alcohol on hand, ordering bottles rather than glasses, wearing nice fabrics, playing 'good' music in the car/home and watching 'good' movies, grooming, and manners all score major points in the 'classy' department.

Definitely offer compliments on her wardrobe and jewelry and hair, but never directly about her body (at least on the first date or so, unless you are having sex with her, then you can compliment her body all you want). We will have an advantage because we know all about the fabrics, style details, and designers, whereas most men are clueless about this sort of thing.

----Now that I think about it, I can summarize the below does indeed work in the real world:

Complimenting:
    1. Hair
    2. How her eye color looks great with what she has on is a unique great compliment
    3. Compliment that she has style/class
    4. That she has an 'energy' about her, a presense
    5. That you like the way she holds herself moves
    6. That's she's ambitious driven and wants the most out of life

Keys:

Have your car clean polished, and do buy a nice convertible--Porsche works nicely (BUT NEVER talk about your car, NEVER, let it speak for itself)

Wear cashmere, velvet or linen as a sportcoat

Be well groomed,smellgood etc.

Have a bottle of champagne (vintage always) that you selected for the both of you, you can even bring it to the restaurant

Always open the car door, fasten her seatbelt, have non rose flower on seat, always give her something that makes her think of you by being visible in her apartment

Clean up your bathroom, and having nothing incriminating in your bathroom cabinet closet. Women ALWAYS LOOK.
    NO COMIC BOOKS, X BOX, PLAYBOYS StarWARs, nothing geek oriented, just stop it now if you are a gamer or whatever.

Have a silver serving tray with 2 empty flute glasses, it speaks to be filled

Have a nice plasam or flat screen tv

Have a nice couch with a velvet overlay

---Always ask like this, "If you would like to do something more low key, we can always rent a movie, have a romantic comedy or something in mind, your 'friend' said is great"
    If she says yes, be prepared to get physical for sure.

If nothing else, you've definitly presented a classy, positive date for her, that really speaks highly of you, and may pay benefits later when she gets her head straight if it didn't go your way. Always be assertive and persistence. I've had so so 1st dates where we didn't click yet the girl was so hot that knocking them over with passion may be your next best approach for the 2nd

Be in top physical shape, eat well, drink lots of water etc. look healthy.

Always go for the kill on the 2nd date and always be calm and collected.

NEVER get stuck on one girl no matter how infatuated. Pursue multiple women constantly. Also learn to cut your loses, don't call a woman alot, maybe 3 times MAX if she doesn't return your call. Some deals may not go down for 6 months if you play your cards right and when she's ready.

4. Soph

Soph Senior member

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

We should re-write the whole movie. Including the threesome with Mr. & Mrs. Nyborg.
    I laughed for a couple minutes solid at that.

And Blackberry, the answer is simple: [​IMG]

Finally, dman, I never thought that it would be possible to actually speak entirely in frat-movie cliches, but, as is so often the case, these internets have redefined my notion of possibility.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

i do not know if this was posted before, but ALWAYS avoid saying anything that can be construed as picked up from the "austin powers" movies. please, for the love of god!

"groovy, baby"
    "shagadelic"
    "yeah, baby"
    "judo chop"
    "smashing"
    "i put the grrr in swinger, baby"