1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dating Scene- What are the do's and dont's on the first date?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Blackberry, Jun 14, 2006.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

GROOOOAAAAN. Not even a disarming "so to speak"! [​IMG]
    Didn't even think about it. Simply brsting it around the bush is probably a good way to turn girls off.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Didn't even think about it. Simply brsting it around the bush is probably a good way to turn girls off.
    One would imagine. If that was your tactic prior to simply asking, I believe we've discovered why the switch was so successful. [​IMG]

3. Rome

Rome Senior member

Iammatt you are so metaphoric. I really do appreaciate your advice. Please explain in simple english language.

He wasn't being metaphoric at all, he was saying if you just flat out ask if she wants to have sex after the date is over it cuts through all the guessing by giving you the two following outcomes. See scenarios below:

Scenario 1.
    You: I had a great time tonight, how about we go back your place and I let you ride the train to "O" town?

Her: Well, OK. But my roommate comes home in about an hour.

You: Roommate you say? That's ok, you know what they say, The blacker the berry the sweeter the erm a juice...

Her: Wha??

You: ALL ABOARD.

Scenario 2.
    You: Wow that was fun, how about we go back to your place for some consensual intercourse?

Her: Uhh, no that's ok. I think I'll take a cab home.

You: But you know what they say, the blacker the b... ok see you latter.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

5. minya

minya Senior member

Have you ever played "Magic: The Gathering"? It's a card-based game that used to be very popular but now maintains a strong underground presence in card-game circles. Magic players often meet at large gatherings (pun not intended... LOL!) usually attended by quite a few females.

I've found that rolling up to one of these ladies (preferably as she's shuffling her cards... catching her off-guard is key) and saying something like "Hey, wanna let me tap your mana?" will pretty much guarantee you some action.

6. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Have you ever played "Magic: The Gathering"? It's a card-based game that used to be very popular but now maintains a strong underground presence in card-game circles. Magic players often meet at large gatherings (pun not intended... LOL!) usually attended by quite a few females.

I've found that rolling up to one of these ladies (preferably as she's shuffling her cards... catching her off-guard is key) and saying something like "Hey, wanna let me tap your mana?" will pretty much guarantee you some action.

Can you imagine it?

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

just asking a girl if she would like to have sex is a better way to get some than to beat around the bush.

Yes, the Continental approach.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Tomasso,

LOL.

Jon.

10. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Yes, the Continental approach.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would you care for some cham-pan-ye?

11. auto90403

auto90403 Senior member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    whatever you do, be perfect.

women don't settle for anything less.

12. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Senior member

If you want to get laid, act like you are better than her. It works. I promise.

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I was far from being a stud, but as I am also way down on the atractiveness tree, I was starting out with a handicap, so my adivce might have some value.

1. consider the first 2 dates sales calls - you are selling yourself to her. the fact that you asked her out shows that you have some interest, and your "job" is to build her interest. if you find, suring this time, or after, that you are less interested than you thought you would be, cut loose, but for the first 2 dates act like you are firmly convinced that you are interested in her.

2. objectivly wiegh what flatters you, in terms of dress, and what shows you the way you want her to percieve you. you may love to wear suits, but you are a little square and dry and you don't want her to percieve you as such, so don't wear suits, for instance. put together a "dating uniform" the best possible outfit for dates, for different types of dates. If you look really good in casual day clothes, try to set up first dates for lunch or afternoon activities, if you look great in a suit, set up dates for dinner in nice resteraunts.

3. put effort into it - reservation, nice place, wine, etc. don't scrimp

4. think about what the message you want to put across is - for instance "funny, successful guy, muscular, well traveled, carring". build up 5 or more short stories that fit each of those messages, each a little funny, none of them showing you off too clearly, or that will be a turn off, each about 2 or 3 minutes long. figure out how to fit them into conversations - so, for instance, you have 5 stories about what a sensitive guy you are, and each one has 5 diffirent ways to introduce it into a conversation, then if any one of 25 different subjects or terms is raised, you can get that message across. your job is to get those 4 or 5 messages across, while listening to her tell about herself and looking like you are riveted by her story. you want her to get home and say "my first thought was that he was a little wierd, pompous, stocky, boring and cold, but now I know that he is really funny, successful, muscular, well traveled and caring, and, on top of that, he is such a great listener"

14. dman1201

dman1201 Member

Dude!!! College is NOT for dating!!! Jeez man, you cant get laid in college? COLLEGE? Look, first off, take the pussy off the pedestal. Stop being such a wuss.....ever hear that Bible verse "ask and it shall be given to you"? Just ask, better yet just say...."hey, lets go make out in my room"! This is the problem with America now...wuss kids who are so used to Nintendo and Playstation that they cant function socially! I am not knocking you but damn, college is like fishing in a stocked pond of eager fish just WAITING TO GET THE WORM!!! Tell ya what....go get a book called "How to Succeed with Women". The authors are Louis and Copeland. Just start there!

15. dman1201

dman1201 Member

I was far from being a stud, but as I am also way down on the atractiveness tree, I was starting out with a handicap, so my adivce might have some value.

1. consider the first 2 dates sales calls - you are selling yourself to her. the fact that you asked her out shows that you have some interest, and your "job" is to build her interest. if you find, suring this time, or after, that you are less interested than you thought you would be, cut loose, but for the first 2 dates act like you are firmly convinced that you are interested in her.

2. objectivly wiegh what flatters you, in terms of dress, and what shows you the way you want her to percieve you. you may love to wear suits, but you are a little square and dry and you don't want her to percieve you as such, so don't wear suits, for instance. put together a "dating uniform" the best possible outfit for dates, for different types of dates. If you look really good in casual day clothes, try to set up first dates for lunch or afternoon activities, if you look great in a suit, set up dates for dinner in nice resteraunts.

3. put effort into it - reservation, nice place, wine, etc. don't scrimp

4. think about what the message you want to put across is - for instance "funny, successful guy, muscular, well traveled, carring". build up 5 or more short stories that fit each of those messages, each a little funny, none of them showing you off too clearly, or that will be a turn off, each about 2 or 3 minutes long. figure out how to fit them into conversations - so, for instance, you have 5 stories about what a sensitive guy you are, and each one has 5 diffirent ways to introduce it into a conversation, then if any one of 25 different subjects or terms is raised, you can get that message across. your job is to get those 4 or 5 messages across, while listening to her tell about herself and looking like you are riveted by her story. you want her to get home and say "my first thought was that he was a little wierd, pompous, stocky, boring and cold, but now I know that he is really funny, successful, muscular, well traveled and caring, and, on top of that, he is such a great listener"

I can see why this guy is not a stud..you are in college!! You are supposed to be broke. Dont spend Mommy's care package on a date with some broad so you can eat ramen noodles for a month. All of this is B*LLSH*T!!!! You are in the best years of your life.....the years where you are finding yourself and seeing how you fit in the world. Guess what? YOUR FEMALE COUNTERPARTS ARE TO!!!! Do you know what I did in college? Hell, I could get arrested for telling you!!!! We did some crazy sh*t!! And I didnt stop at college. So come on. Get that book and read it. Dont listen to people who wanna turn you into future tricks. Get comfortable in your own skin and I swear people will be comfortable with you!!!!

16. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

My idea of a perfect date:

-Invite for coffee
    -Go to my place to watch a DVD I know girls like
    -Sit on futon/bed, watch said DVD
    -Arm around her, cuddle, smell hair, kiss neck
    -Check mate.

17. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

Most of the advice in this thread is extreme - either it's too passive/pedestal or it's too macho/misogynistic. Try a middle ground. A woman likes some diverse traits in a man. You can be aggressive at times and at other times, sweet.

BTW, men like diverse women too. Too much predictability is fatal.

18. modsquad

modsquad Senior member

So that I can have them on hand in my collection what is a movie or two that "girls like"? Also, is the movie to lure them back to your place or to loosen them up and put them in a good mood for when you lower the boom?

My idea of a perfect date:

-Invite for coffee
    -Go to my place to watch a DVD I know girls like
    -Sit on futon/bed, watch said DVD
    -Arm around her, cuddle, smell hair, kiss neck
    -Check mate.

19. Hanseat

Hanseat Senior member

Dirty Dancing works.

20. NeoJeo

NeoJeo New Member

"4. At the end of the date: thank her for the good time (even if you think it sucked) give her no more than a kiss on the cheek and (if true) tell her that you hope you can do it again (the date, not the kiss). Do not invite her back to your place unless she is foaming at the mouth for it."

The above unless shes ultrauptight and / or afraid of being touched NEVER do this. Kiss well. But make sure you kiss on the first date. (kiss well but don't start foreplay! draw the line)

otherwise you will be branded as 'nice guy' or a non-sexual guy. Who women are not interested in for anything other than money usually.

You have no problem getting dates [​IMG] my self and alot of my friends had this problem before. On dates I found it was because we were being polite and not expressing and subcommunicating our sexual desires. Women want sex just as much as men, they just don't want to be seen as a slut, so men have to do the work. "oh it just happened" or "he got his way with me" (note his way not hers!) women always overtly pretend they are not that interested in sex but covertly are just as interested in getting good sex as men are.

Be sexual (subcommunicate)
    Control the frame of conversation, its her chasing you not you chasing her.
    Tease (but make sure its funny and warm)