• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dating question: to hook up or not

boozingalcoholic

Reaction score
So I met this nice girl recently and I've been getting along pretty well with her. Things have been fun but not physical as of yet. She actually wants it to get physical and "carefree" with no commitments. This has been perfect so far as I am in transition.

She dropped a bomb on me last night. She has a young son.

Do I ...or Do I not? I just sense a lot of conflicts in the future...

Any advice from ppl who have experienced the single mother situation would be fantastic. I just need some motivation/demotivation...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
If she told you she wants a no committment fuck session, I would take her at her word. I don't really see how her being a single mother makes you rethink that. Odds are, her life is so stressful trying to raise the kid, she's not looking for a father figure for it. She just wants some fucky fucky to blow off some steam.

Be a good guy and give her what she wants.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If she's pleasant to look at and you turn down the opportunity, the only logical conclusion I can come up with is that you'r a joyboy in hiding.

boozingalcoholic

Reaction score
kwilkinson, u know what? you're right. I'm going to go right this situation.

wait wait, whats a joyboy?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
If she told you she wants a no committment fuck session, I would take her at her word. I don't really see how her being a single mother makes you rethink that. Odds are, her life is so stressful trying to raise the kid, she's not looking for a father figure for it. She just wants some fucky fucky to blow off some steam. Be a good guy and give her what she wants.

This is definitely not the mindset you should take. Chances are if you keep hanging around her she's going to expect you to play some kind of father provider role for the kid. You should hit it. Just know that you're playing with fire if you like kids like I do. joyboy = gay guy

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it, but then i've been accused of being a joyboy around these parts. I just can't imaging a situation in which a single mother was not ideally looking for a man to help raise her kid (unless she's a total whore). There are lots of women without children that you can bang.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on what she's looking for in the relationship. If she's pursuing the relationship for recreation, then there isn't much harm in it, so long as you don't get too involved with the kids.

If she's looking at getting physical as the next step in an overall progression towards marraige, then you may want to reconsider.

Single Moms are still women, and have needs. But often they get intertwined with the needs of being a parent. Depending on your outlook that may be meaningful to you.

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do it, but make sure she knows up front that you're just in it for the sex. She's got enough on her plate, I wouldn't fuck around with her head even more. But, as said before, sometimes a woman is just trying to fulfill her needs.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
take her at her word. she wants sex. nothing else. the fact that she has a kid is a double coupon bonus: she aint' a virgin and the kid takes up her time. Dude, if she is hot, think of it this way: MILF

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just do it but be upfront yet not in a way that will shut the door. Last thing you want have come up is that you'll fuck her but her kid makes you shit bricks. IMO kids are great and if you find a LADY not a chick that has one, who's cool and the mum is hot then all is good.

Let it be known that fucking her for any length of time is going to end up with some sort of relationship no matter what you or her say. One of you will become hooked be it for the sex, person, warm body, family or what ever random thing you can bring up.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boozingalcoholic
She actually wants it to get physical and "carefree" with no commitments.

Why don't you be a nice gentleman and give the lady what she wants? What's the matter with you?

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
Let it be known that fucking her for any length of time is going to end up with some sort of relationship no matter what you or her say. One of you will become hooked be it for the sex, person, warm body, family or what ever random thing you can bring up.

+1

And if she doesn't want you to use a condom, then she wants you to be the dad of her two kids.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On an irrational level though, that would freak the first time a chick told me she has a kid though, no doubt.

Reaction score
personally, I wouldn't touch it. And coming from me...that's kinda saying something.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 272 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40