• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dating protocol question

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
I met a girl on the bus to Chicago and, to my delight, ran into her as I was boarding the bus back to Ohio. She waved and asked me to sit next her (which of course I did) and we made small talk, etc. during the trip. At one point I woke from my slumber and realized her leg was against mine. Let's just say it made me happy (yes I am that desperate).

Anyways, we got to campus and I asked if I could have her number. She forked it over and I am now in a dilemma. When do I call? Should I give it 48 hrs. or so?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With experience comes judgment.

Honestly, the stronger the connection I perceive, the more aggressively I pursue. It is usually reciprocated. You'll learn to read people. For now, take a risk.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait 24 hours. Call. Give lots of attention over next three days. Forget her number for a week. Resume contact.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
If you like her, call her tomorrow. Set up a time to get lunch or something between classes. If you like her and actually want to pursue this as anything serious, don't get caught up in all the stupid psychological bullshit of exactly how long to wait and when to do what. Games are of no use.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ agree. If she digs you, she won't mind that you didn't "play by the rules."

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Call her soon and arrange a meet-up. Or just call to say hello and then DON'T arrange a meet-up if you want to play games. But either way, don't wait too long. I never bought into the three-day or six-day or whatever-day rule.

Reaction score
If you sat next to her that long, you have kind of already done the first date - and to the surprise of everyone on SF - apparently not disgraced yourself.

You can call her promptly and not bother with all the mindgames involved with the will-he-wont-he-he-said-he'd-call-he-promised-he'd-call crap.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by [email protected]
You can call her promptly and not bother with all the mindgames involved with the will-he-wont-he-he-said-he'd-call-he-promised-he'd-call crap.

Well said.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Don't call until you know of something fun the two of you can do. Don't just call her to go out to lunch. Who the hell wants to go out to lunch?

p.s. Doing lines of coke off each other's stomachs is really friggin' fun.

jhao

Reaction score
If you sat next to her that long, you have kind of already done the first date - and to the surprise of everyone on SF - apparently not disgraced yourself.

+1

I think that if you´re gonna call her, arrange a meet up, by this I mean that, at least as I see things at first, you should call her with a good excuse for it, not only for the sake of callig her.

Besides you a great advantange in the fact that she called you to sit next to her, so she must have some kind of interest, (but don't dream on the fact that her leg was against your's, that´s very subjective.

Anyway, good luck.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The OP seems to indicate that he was asleep for a substantial amount of time.

Mr T

Reaction score
Post her number here so we can warn her.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr T
Post her number here so we can warn her.

I was going to fix this to "so we can bang her" but then I remembered that we're talking about Conne and at no point did he mention this person's age.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40