Dating pattern of women with money

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pantisocrat, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

I find in unnerving that women with money only date other men with money. By "with money" I'm referring to heiress with a minimum of 758M USD of potential inheritance.

I see rich guys dating women of all social standing. Why are rich women so damn close minded? Yes, I was recently rejected by an heiress. She basically flat out told me "sorry, I only date men in my class."

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Same reason men won't date fat chicks but women will date fat guys. Life ain't fair.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

I find in unnerving that women with money only date other men with money. By "with money" I'm referring to heiress with a minimum of 758M USD of potential inheritance.

I see rich guys dating women of all social standing. Why are rich women so damn close minded? Yes, I was recently rejected by an heiress. She basically flat out told me "sorry, I only date men in my class."

Maybe she thought you were hideous and found out you have a tiny pen0r, and she was just trying to let you down easy.

4. BlackShoes

BlackShoes Senior member

5. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

It's funny that you bring this up because I was discussing this very thing with my sister tonight over Thanksgiving dinner. She flat out said that she couldn't possibly date someone who wasn't as successful as she was.

To be truthful, I agree with her. I doubt I could date someone who was tangibly less successful -- not that I'm a captain of industry mind you...

6. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

It's funny that you bring this up because I was discussing this very thing with my sister tonight over Thanksgiving dinner. She flat out said that she couldn't possibly date someone who wasn't as successful as she was.

To be truthful, I agree with her. I doubt I could date someone who was tangibly less successful -- not that I'm a captain of industry mind you...

Yeah but these are two completely different things. One is income-based and the other is wealth-based.

I've heard the income-based sentiment often among NYC women. I have not heard the wealth-based one too often, but I imagine that a man of little wealth will have a tough time keeping up with the lifestyle of a woman with a large fortune, in general. I'm sure there are exceptions.

7. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

There is an old saying: Marry a rich woman and be prepared to work for the money.

8. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

I disagree that rich broads only date rich men. Ever hear of Porfirio Rubirosa? I once dated this trust fund chick. I met her while she was riding her horse in Burbank. [​IMG]

She gave up on me though, because I was way too immature and in her eyes I had no future (huge loser).

9. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

I see rich guys dating women of all social standing.
    other than mail orders or the Anna Nicoles scenarios i dont think this is true.

people tend to marry people who they spend the most time with. in their social cirlces etc.

10. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Wait who is this chick? The number of people that will inherit $800M can't be that big.

11. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Last two g/fs had some decent coin in the family.. I really do think I prefer dating women from good families now - but hey, it's not just the money...

12. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Wait who is this chick? The number of people that will inherit $800M can't be that big.

Yeah, and are we talking pre-inheritance tax, or post-tax $800mm? Did her parents die in 2010? If not, and you're talking post-tax, the list is pretty small. Especially if siblings are involved and taking their cut.

You going after the last remaining Walton heiress or something? Or Billy G's daughter? (The latter is surprisingly cute, btw, though I believe still firmly in jailbait territory).

13. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

My wife's best friend used to say that. She's an ER doc. A few years of lonliness changed that. Now she has an unemployed live-in BF with a GED and a criminal record.

14. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    I've noticed the older and more established I become the more unwilling I am to date someone who isn't financially successful.

I don't know about women with money...I don't date them

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

why would a rich woman date a poor guy? she has to worry if he is after her money, and what does she get out of it?