• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating an Unstylish Girl

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. But the answer is no if all she wears is sweatpants. Then again, the answer would be yes if she was really, extremely hot and only wore sweatpants.

Kohan

Reaction score
I correct myself to agree wholeheartedly with IUtoSLU.
thumbs-up.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G/F is definitely into style and high fashion, always hunting for up and coming designers and new styles. We even go to fashion shows together. Thank god she makes her own money, otherwise she'd be too expensive to keep around.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't think any of my friends (save 1 who is solid) are stylish. I've never dated a girl with good style. My ex of 3 years tried to get better as she saw me making strides. I talked to her online the other day and apparently she's dressing better these days. Good for her. Don't really care that much about my girl being into fashion or anything as long as she was open minded to trying to understand something that is a interest/hobby of mine.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you had two extremes...

A. Unstylish girl, but was pretty, caring etc...

B. Very stylish girl, but all she talked about was fashion

I would go with A and never go with B. There is enough style and fashion talk between styleforum and my business, so the last thing I would want is my girl to be critiquing strangers' outfits as we are walking down the street.

perusingnature

Reaction score
easy. date a girl so attractive that anything on her still looks fabulous.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lithium180
From my personal point of view, you should get an ugly girl to marry you.
What exactly are the advantageous of this, other than, of course, lowered expectations?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best is to have a girlfriend who is happy that you are into style and fashion.

lithium180

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
What exactly are the advantageous of this, other than, of course, lowered expectations?

Dude 1:say man!
Dude 2:hey man!
Dude 1: I saw your wife the other day!
Dude 2: Yeah!
Dude 1: Yeah and Shes Ugly!
Dude 2: Yeah shes Ugly but she sure can cook baby!
Dude 1: Yeah!

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
If you had two extremes...

A. Unstylish girl, but was pretty, caring etc...

B. Very stylish girl, but all she talked about was fashion

I would go with A and never go with B. There is enough style and fashion talk between styleforum and my business, so the last thing I would want is my girl to be critiquing strangers' outfits as we are walking down the street.

I think this is the best advice so far.

Im really enjoying all your opinions, guys.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend is beautiful a movie-star-ishly elegant in her mannerisms (in a good way).

She wears Michael Kors mainline and Club Monaco. Is this good enough?
devil.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
My girlfriend is beautiful a movie-star-ishly elegant in her mannerisms (in a good way).

devil.gif

Sounds like it.
Mine is all thrift/Wal Mart (but an absolutely rocking body...wtf) but willing to change.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic

devil.gif

So basically she lacks fashion sense and needs someone to provide ready made solutions for her.
devil.gif
devil.gif

But better than a walmart girl, of course.

turboman808

Reaction score
My current girlfriend can't dress herself at all. Worst she can't tell me when ******** up and look bad. LOL

Really not very important though. If they make you happy that's the most important. It's never been the hottest or the most stylish girl who makes me happy. Quite frankly the hotter the girl the more miserable they made me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads