Dating Advice.. (omg so lame, I know)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by The Snob, Sep 18, 2009.

1. The Snob

The Snob Senior member

You are who you are. Do you really want to go through the effort of changing that? Outside taking him home on the first date, there's no easy way to guarantee another encounter.

Huh? What are you talking about--"changing"? I certainly never said anything about changing... just you know, watching my uncouth drooling [​IMG]

2. unjung

unjung Senior member

Huh? What are you talking about--"changing"? I certainly never said anything about changing... just you know, watching my uncouth drooling [​IMG]

If that's seriously your problem, as in, you just sat and grinned and had nothing to say, I would work on that.

3. The Snob

The Snob Senior member

If that's seriously your problem, as in, you just sat and grinned and had nothing to say, I would work on that.
    Obviously (I thought) I was being facetious. Pavlovian drool response.. to hair? come on!

4. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Senior member

From a youthful, but slightly cantakerous 50 year old gentleman..

Screw the gameplaying!

If you want to see him again, give him a call, tell him you enjoyed your company and ask him out to lunch.

If he's a candyass and put off by independent, assertive women who know what they want, then he probably isn't worth wasting time on. If he turns you down, ... no big deal. If he accepts lunch, he's not quite sure... but, if he says, let's go out for drinks and/or dinner instead, then he's interested.

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    From a youthful, but slightly cantakerous 50 year old gentleman..

Screw the gameplaying!

If you want to see him again, give him a call, tell him you enjoyed your company and ask him out to lunch.

If he's a candyass and put off by independent, assertive women who know what they want, then he probably isn't worth wasting time on. If he turns you down, ... no big deal. If he accepts lunch, he's not quite sure... but, if he says, let's go out for drinks and/or dinner instead, then he's interested.

+1 from a 50+ gentleman...

6. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

+1 from a 50+ gentleman...

+2 from a gentleman wannabe.

7. Agnacious

Agnacious Senior member

Ok, so I noticed he viewed my profile again last night. This could be a good sign. Or it could be him reconfirming why I am totally not 2nd date worthy. Grumble.

There you have it. He is not even bright enough to have a dummy account that he uses to check people out so he can selectively view those he wants to show an interest in.

Give it till the end of this weekend. He might not have called during the week because some women don't want to be weekday dates, they want the coveted weekend slots. So he may be waiting for that.

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I've been thinking about joining match.com.

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

If you're flipping out on an IBB about not hearing from a guy 24hours after a date you are probably way too clingy and needy - he sensed that during your date. He may call you again, if only to nail you.

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Looking to find some silver foxes with silver boxes?

11. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

Everyone says your not supposed to get hung up on somebody after one date, but I can relate to fretting the loss of someone who has potential.

12. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

I usually make awkward conversation with someone to whom I have not been introduced. I'm pathologically shy - paradoxically, I find it easier to just ask them out, perhaps my boldness is a selling point, instead of the small talk-palter method.

13. The Snob

The Snob Senior member

If you're flipping out on an IBB about not hearing from a guy 24hours after a date you are probably way too clingy and needy - he sensed that during your date. He may call you again, if only to nail you.
    Hmm.. no.
    Everyone says your not supposed to get hung up on somebody after one date, but I can relate to fretting the loss of someone who has potential.
    Hmm yes! Thank you. And with that, I will now return to being the emotional ice queen. (Weekend is already booked! Screw you, Man-of-my-fantasized-dreams! hehe)

14. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

oh shit

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

oh shit

maybe he'll link his FB profile so we can watch in all its...ummm...glory. or something.