1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Darren Beamen's new logo I design

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by doughboysc, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I'm thinking something nostalgic rather than modern, simple rather than fancy... a bespoke tailor is a rare thing.

...a logo should make you long for the days of yesteryear when there were not 5000 suit a day factories.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

That's why mine is perfect, and I deserve a (4000) new bespoke suit(s). Kidding ... but I do agree that a logo, regardless of the company, should remain timeless. Look at Jil Sander.. JS has been using the same JIL SANDER (I think it's Futura Extra-Bold [​IMG]) logo since the 70s when Peter Schmidt designed it. Jil Sander is surely not a Savile Row tailor, but has consistently remained loyal to her specific artform and style, and that should be reflected in the logo.

3. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

hey, i did it in 10 minutes

4. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

1. where are you guys getting the software to do all these logos so fast? just curious.

2. i like a logo that's simple, kind of says "we're so good we don't need a flashy logo". kind of snobbish in a non-snobbish way

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I use Adobe Illustrator CS2. And I didn't do it fast.

6. sensiblegirl

sensiblegirl Member

i made a few just to see what i could do with it, i use adobe photoshop 7.0 for everything in the world.

and i don't do it fast, either. ;-)

7. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

I use either Photoshop CS or Illustrator, but I prefer PS.