1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Dark Grey Suit/Blue Check Shirt/Blue Flannel Tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sephsays, Mar 8, 2013.

1. sephsays

sephsays New Member

I will be attending an upcoming wedding and would like to know if the suit/shirt/tie combination, shown below, works well together or not.

[​IMG]

2. mhdena

mhdena Senior member

No

Get a solid navy tie to go with that shirt and jacket.

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

A solid navy tie wouldn't be very festive.

Between the patterned shirt and tie, the combination above is slightly too busy.

4. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

I think a light blue shirt that is either solid or near solid (light blue on lighter blue houndstooth or mini stripes in a similar tone) would work a lot better. The combination you've shown is made too busy by the very visible pattern of the shirt you've shown (as others have said), but that tie can work with that suit, I think.

As far as the colors, I can only recommend so much based on the colors on my monitor and the colors you seem to want to wear (this has to be comfortable for you).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013