• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark Green shoes?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have shoes that are not black, brown, or burgundy that you wear regularly?

I was at the Barneys sale this AM in LA and got excited when I found a pair of C&J boots. They looked brown under the warehouse lighting. However, when I left and went back to work, I realized they were actually a dark green under natural lighting.

Is there anything that green shoes would look okay with or would it look odd with most things?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll try to post pics when I get home later. I'm really curious what others think of them, they are a rather odd color. I've seen a trend of blue shoes, but not really green ones. I'm guessing they would work with most chinos or grey pants, but probably not jeans, brown, or black pants.

Unfortunately, I think the Barney's warehouse policy is final sale, so I guess my other option would be re-sell or ebay them.

In case anyone else is wondering, the selection at the LA sale was disappointing. Today was the first day, so it's before they have their continuous dropping discounts. They had very few shoes from SF approved shoemakers. Most of their shoes were from Italian makers I haven't heard of, Barney's housebrand, or overpriced items from Prada. Their suits were mostly Hugo Boss and Barney's housebrand, with a few Zegna, Isaia and Brioni scattered in with odd patterns. Their dress shirts were also mostly Barney's housebrand, although I did get the last couple RLBL size 15 dress shirts.

ktrp

Reaction score
If they are size 11 US, they sound hideous, and you should PM me with sale details.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never tried posting pics on SF before so hopefully I don't screw this up. By the way, I feel like an idiot after taking a picture of the box, b/c it actually states green on it. The way Barneys warehouse works though is you don't get the box until you decide to buy the shoes basically, which is probably why I didn't notice it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21070268@N04/

Okay, couldn't figure out how to upload pictures to here but got a link to flickr working (I think?)

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5434523881_b8d983f1d9.jpg

5434523923_7d8b261af7.jpg

5434524001_e89e10d37c.jpg

5434524247_45a3914084.jpg

5435134738_f927b5be99.jpg

5434524339_85b5bea7c9.jpg

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Trini, for uploading the pictures! Now I need to learn how to do that.

Also, thanks, Alliswell, for the link. For some reason it didn't come up when I searched. I wish there were more pics/ideas of how to wear them! Good to know that green shoes are not *that* uncommon.

I still am not sure what to wear these with? Do you think chinos/grey pants would be best? I think it might look odd with denim? I can imagine the leprechaun jokes already...

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're going to want brown pants, to tone down the suede. And then break them in - they're only going to look good worn.

ktrp

Reaction score
Believe that's a UK 10?

Hideous. Sell them immediately.
devil.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I like the green boots, I'd wear those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics