• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark brown shoe for business casual

kleny

Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone recommend me a dark brown shoe for a business casual setting. The main thing im looking for is inexpensive yet quality and durable. Thank You.

lpresq

Reaction score
Allen-Edmonds (used or "factory seconds")

kleny

Reaction score
under $150...nothing crazy..still a student..i just want a pair that will last the test of time durabily and fashionably. thank you.

lpresq

Reaction score
Check out sierratradingpost.com for a moderate selection of AE's. Also, be sure to search for 20-30% codes for the site. I recently picked up a pair of AE Cliftons for about $130.

billiebob

Reaction score
Es on ebay for $150 from grapevinehill. Many of them have slight defects you will easily get used to for 50% off.

Grenson masterpiece for paul stuart from bennies shoes for $210 or so whenever they come out are a far better deal, however. Maybe every 1.5 years?

Hazbeen

Reaction score
You don't list your location but you should check out the outlets...Cole Haan for inexpensive but decent, check Zegna outlets for your price range, allen edmunds outlet...... then e-bay for better shoes. You might list your size in case someone has a specific option for you.

Regards....

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hazbeen
You don't list your location but you should check out the outlets...Cole Haan for inexpensive but decent,
Regards....

Hope Cole Haan has improved then. I bought a pair several years ago at Nordy's.

With a month the sole started peeling off at the toe. They replaced them; a month later, same problem. This time I asked for my money back. They begged me to try one more... same problem intwo weeks.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Hope Cole Haan has improved then. I bought a pair several years ago at Nordy's.

With a month the sole started peeling off at the toe. They replaced them; a month later, same problem. This time I asked for my money back. They begged me to try one more... same problem intwo weeks.

i got a pair of cole haan cap toes for $60 at nordstrom rack last year. its advertised as goodyear welt, made in india. decent quality, no problem with it so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads