Danner Hiking Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DocHunter, Dec 9, 2008.

1. DMcG

DMcG Senior member

But this won't help me compare the 2 styles. I guess Could buy both and
    return one....?

If there's no where around you that has them I'd order both and return one.

2. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Danners have proven to be very durable for hard hiking. Wearing hiking boots casually isn't my thing, but if you're going to wear them, these are the brand to wear.

3. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

I've been searching for some good insoles for my Mountain Light II's but I don't know what is out there in terms of options. I've been using some New Balance things that I used to wear in my running shoes, but they're on their last legs.

What does everyone use for insoles on their ML II's? Does anyone use them without insoles with any success?

Any help with my insole dilemma is much appreciated.

4. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

^^ I use my Danners without insoles and they've worked great for hiking. On my last 7-day trip into White River National Forest (about 2 hours outside of Vail CO) they didn't give me any trouble.

Danner used to make insoles for their boots but they discontinued them a few years back. Finding used (in acceptable condition) insoles would probably not be the best way to go about getting insoles for your Danners. I bought a pair of them and ended up not using them because I didn't really need them and they took up a bit of volume in the boot (precluding the use of thick wool socks during winter hiking). Hopefully someone else here can help.

5. JOA

JOA Senior member

I've had the same experience as above. I hike in the Great Smoky Mtns. NP almost every weekend and go on multiple day trips in the summer and my Mountain Lights perform great without insoles.

I can tell you that previous to these, I wore Vasque Sundowners (the amazing Made in Italy variety) and used Superfeet insoles. They were terrific and lasted for a few years.

6. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

Funny-- I really want to get a pair of these boots. They look awesome.

7. MeowMeow

MeowMeow Well-Known Member

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

^^ Dang, that Hawk is nice. Too bad they don't offer em stateside.

9. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

^^ Dang, that Hawk is nice. Too bad they don't offer em stateside.

They have a custom order service on the american site. You can basically get those options if you want to.

10. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Shoebuy has free shipping both ways and is a bit cheaper... http://www.shoebuy.com/danner-mounta...ii/54239/54239 Limited sizes right now though. But this won't help me compare the 2 styles. I guess Could buy both and return one....?
    Just a heads up, Shoebuy currently has a 20% mothers day discount plus 10% off (stackable I believe) for new registers in addition to 15% live cashback. I ordered a pair of Mountain Light IIs for around $150 shipped yesterday (live cashback included but without the extra 10% since I already have an account).

11. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

Just a heads up, Shoebuy currently has a 20% mothers day discount plus 10% off (stackable I believe) for new registers in addition to 15% live cashback. I ordered a pair of Mountain Light IIs for around $150 shipped yesterday (live cashback included but without the extra 10% since I already have an account).

that is a crazy good deal.

12. aldordor

aldordor Member

13. damn_hammer

damn_hammer Member

keep an eye out for danner's friends and family sale. it was december 4th last year. 50% off the entire site. picked up mountain light ii's for $125 + tax. normal shoe size fit for me. if you set an alert on slickdeals, you might catch it ... good luck. last years deal: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/42986

14. JTK

JTK Senior member

I noticed many styles only come in 2E widths. I wear sz. 8 in the Red Wing GT and Wolverine 1000 mile. I'm also an 8 in Allen Edmonds Stand and Park Ave. What is my likely size in the mountain lights??

15. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Check out my my Danner Stumptown thread. Its a new collection for this year.