• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniele(Baroni) Sizing

tanda

Reaction score
I am considering ordering single breasted, two buttons from the Wizard of Aahs in the Daniele (Baroni) line.

Normally, I wear a 39R/33R. I am 5' 9.5" and 148-153 lbs. My chest measures at 38 to 38.5". My waist measures at 33". I prefer a trimmer fit and some waist suppression.

A decent fitting current OTR is 39R/33R and measures chest 42", shoulder 19", sleeve 23.5" (maybe a tad long), length 32" (maybe a tad long) and waist 33".

The Daniele does not come in half sizes.

40R/34R measures chest 44", shoulder 19", sleeve 25", length 32.5" and waist 34".

38R/32R measures chest 42", shoulder 18.5", sleeve 25", length 32.5" and waist 32".

I am leaning towards the 40R as the 32" trousers may be too snug and I am concerned with the 18.5" shoulders. On the other hand, a 44" chest is quite big.

Any thoughts?

hammer07

Reaction score
I'd say go for 38 given the measurements. There should be extra fabric in the waistband (so it can let out to 33) of the pants but best to check the listing or ask the seller.

Jack2000

Reaction score
get the 38 and let the pants out. I'm 6 foot 185 and wear a 40r in most brands. It's totally possible that you have 19 inch shoulders, but it would not be the norm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads