• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Daniel Day Lewis in Nine (2009)

BellisVintage

Reaction score
Day Lewis is arguably the greatest living actor in the world today and his body of work is chosen carefully. Nine (2009) was a departure from the usual deeply dramatic roles to something lighter. Many have called it an aberration from the norml and a lessening in quality, but I like the fact that he is trying something totally different and I think it works.

This clip shows not only the comic versatility of Day Lewis but also the beauty of Roma and the coastal hideaways nearby.

In this musical remake of 8 1/2 he plays Guido Contini a womanising movie director going through a crisis of confidence. With 5 oscar winners in the cast mainly comprising women it is amusing movie and allows Day Lewis to portray a new character to the ones he usually plays (historical american frontiersmen).

Hope you enjoy.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%