• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dane Cook

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
imho, everything after Eddie Murphy's Delirious is all downhill.

Word.
worship.gif
worship.gif

If you are old school, you might say that everything after Richard Pryor Live at the Sunset Strip is all downhill.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gallagher is the comedian I don't get. What's so funny about smashing fruit?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I think Dane Cook is about the funniest young comedian out there. Not to mention, he's probably the best physical comedian since John Ritter. I don't think he caters to the middle-aged crowd
devil.gif
so maybe that's why some of you guys don't get it.

I'm 24 and I don't think he is funny. Maybe he caters to the lowest common denominator of college students?

Jon.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had no idea who this guy was so i looked up his website and saw his opening monologue on snl. not funny at all. in fact, i was embarrassed for him.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i had no idea who this guy was so i looked up his website and saw his opening monologue on snl. not funny at all. in fact, i was embarrassed for him.

I didn't laugh once. He's not that funny.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I'm 24 and I don't think he is funny. Maybe he caters to the lowest common denominator of college students?

Jon.

I'm not a college student and I find him hilarious. Maybe he's funny to people that had similar experiences as he's had.

I don't think he caters to the
36_11_3.gif
crowd.

DeSica

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
I much prefer Mitch Hedberg ...

R.I.P

Even my father liked that dude.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Dane is not funny. His material is generally weak and only appeals to college kids (i'm in college but still hate him). I saw him live as he performed at my university a few years ago and understood all the jokes but just thought it was unfunny. Saying words in strange ways, emphasizing different syllables, and making awkward noises doesn't equal funny to me anymore. I liked him when i was in high school but grew out of it. It's kind of the same way that Family Guy is by far the most popular college tv show. I loved it in high school when it was still on the air for the first time and grew out of that style of humor before it became popular again.

Mitch is hit or miss. His material isn't that strong and he got by a bit too much with his intentional awkwardness much like dane cook. However, his funny bits are generally more creative and witty than the obvious crudeness of Dane Cook.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He added hair gel to comedy and dumbed it down.

Fonz

Reaction score
Dane Cook wasn't in "Waiting", your thinking Ryan Reynolds.

And he's hilarious.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fonz
Dane Cook wasn't in "Waiting", your thinking Ryan Reynolds.

And he's hilarious.

Dane Cook was in the kitchen. He had a few lines in a few scenes.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
ryan renolyds and dane cook are the same people. The whole overly cocky frat guy attitude isn't funny. Nothing about either of them is funny. His little bit is mildly entertaining at first glance like Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place but was unfunny after seeing him a few times. The more you watch both, the more you realize they're unfunny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads