• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dancing With the Stars?

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm watching Dancing With the Stars last night (I probably just lost half of you), and Tucker Carlson comes out to do his little routine. I don't watch Tucker much, but I'm aware of him and his bowtie trademark . . . whatever, good for him. But the few times that I have seen this guy, he appears to have 1) small bowties and 2) very regular (perfect) knots; therefore I have him under suspicion for wearing pre-tied bowties.

Then last night, he pulls off his bow-tie during his dance routine, and it's clearly a pre-tied tie!!! I announce this to my wife, and she defends it by saying "well, he had to get rid of it quickly", but that's BS, since he was not wearing a button-down shirt, and therefore should have been able to untie and yank off a proper bow-tie even faster than some clip-on monstrosity (more stylish move to boot).

Anyone care to comment, or should I just add what remains of this flask to my morning Cafe Americano?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
Okay, so I'm watching Dancing With the Stars last night (I probably just lost half of you), and Tucker Carlson comes out to do his little routine. I don't watch Tucker much, but I'm aware of him and his bowtie trademark . . . whatever, good for him. But the few times that I have seen this guy, he appears to have 1) small bowties and 2) very regular (perfect) knots; therefore I have him under suspicion for wearing pre-tied bowties.

Then last night, he pulls off his bow-tie during his dance routine, and it's clearly a pre-tied tie!!! I announce this to my wife, and she defends it by saying "well, he had to get rid of it quickly", but that's BS, since he was not wearing a button-down shirt, and therefore should have been able to untie and yank off a proper bow-tie even faster than some clip-on monstrosity (more stylish move to boot).

Anyone care to comment, or should I just add what remains of this flask to my morning Cafe Americano?

Add the remainder, buy another bottle and add that until you pass out.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least he is consistent. He did violence to both the bowtie and the cha cha.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That was some of the worst dancing I've ever seen - not that I could do much better mind you, but then again, I would have said "no" had they come calling for an unknown Detroit lawyer to be featured in the show.

I think I also would have lived at the gym and not Krispy Kreme had I known I was going to be dancing on national television.
wow.gif

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had it on in the studio...would have been amazing (given the above considerations) if he would have busted out this incredibly gracefull /powerfull routine...not to be.
Dancing is tough on alot of levels.. I'd crash and burn, real bow -tie or not
smile.gif

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What a disgusting show. I've never even heard of these stars.
"I was a teen star. That's disgusting enough."

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the first 2 seasons were entertaining because they each had an uber hottie that made it all the way to the finals (Kelly Monaco and Stacy Keibler)...this season doesnt have one. Willa Ford is cute (and her playboy spread was pretty good) but isnt in Stacy/Kelly league. That and the "stars" couldnt get a corner booth without notice at the local McDs much less anyplace else...

Stax

Reaction score
Tucker Carlson is on Dancing with the Stars? How perfect.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
Tucker Carlson is on Dancing with the Stars? How perfect.

Somehow, it manages to encapsulate the simultaneous decline of two pseudo-institutions of television at once, no?
musicboohoo[1].gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Whoa, hold on a second . . .

The Wikipedia entry for this Carlson clown shows hom wearing a bow tie, so I assume this is part of his standard garb . . . and he showed the whole world (excluding me, apparently) that he wears a clip on??!!

I can scarcely think of a more fitting public humiliation. His sartorial choices are their own reward.

snork[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads