Dancing With the Stars?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TCN, Sep 13, 2006.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Whoa, hold on a second . . .

The Wikipedia entry for this Carlson clown shows hom wearing a bow tie, so I assume this is part of his standard garb . . . and he showed the whole world (excluding me, apparently) that he wears a clip on??!!

I can scarcely think of a more fitting public humiliation. His sartorial choices are their own reward.

[​IMG]

I understood he had abandoned the bow tie affectation. Of course, I think I heard that here, so it's probably bullshit . . .

2. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

last season was much better.

[​IMG]

ooops...had no idea the pic would be so big...

-Jeff

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Did you catch that get-up they put Jerry Springer in? It had the material of a classic tux, but was cut as if it were a velvet smoking jacket-replete with a black stain sash around the upper waist. That had to be the worst thing to happen to formalwear since the 1970's velvet tuxes.

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Did you catch that get-up they put Jerry Springer in? It had the material of a classic tux, but was cut as if it were a velvet smoking jacket-replete with a black stain sash around the upper waist. That had to be the worst thing to happen to formalwear since the 1970's velvet tuxes.

I imagine Jerry was sporting about it. [​IMG]

6. stach

stach Senior member

I watched them rehearse the live segment around the fountain at Lincoln Center and it was fantastic. Side note, twenty years ago Barry Manilow starred (as 'Tony') in a tv movie based on "Cocacabana" and at one point he gets angry and yanks off his *black clip-on bow tie*. It's hilarious. He gets ready for a little street fightin'... [​IMG]

7. TCN

TCN Senior member

Was that purpose built dancing garb, or were jackets like that actually marketed at some point?

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I watched them rehearse the live segment around the fountain at Lincoln Center and it was fantastic. Side note, twenty years ago Barry Manilow starred (as 'Tony') in a tv movie based on "Cocacabana" and at one point he gets angry and yanks off his *black clip-on bow tie*. It's hilarious. He gets ready for a little street fightin'... [​IMG]

it IS the hottest spot north of havana, you know. [​IMG]

9. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I understood he had abandoned the bow tie affectation. Of course, I think I heard that here, so it's probably bullshit . . .
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Pre-tied... that's another thing.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Tucker Carlson's bowtie was always much too small. It looked childish. Frankly, Carlson always seemed vaguely sloppy to me.

11. tomasem

tomasem New Member

Was that purpose built dancing garb, or were jackets like that actually marketed at some point?

all of the costumes are specially-made dancewear. i believe that onik design (onikdesign.com) makes most of the mens attire, but i'm not sure if the men's costumes are designed by him or by whoever is making the women's dresses this season.

12. Carey

Carey Senior member

last season was much better. [​IMG] ooops...had no idea the pic would be so big... -Jeff
    should change name to Liza Doolittle.

13. visionology

visionology Senior member

Man she must be a fast swimmer, look at the size of those flippers.

I caught some of the show, was mostly watching because I'm taking some Salsa, Mambo, and Bachata classes and was interested to see what they could do after a few weeks.

14. Stu

Stu Senior member

Wasn't Jerry Rice on that show for a while, like as a host or something?

15. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

Man she must be a fast swimmer, look at the size of those flippers.

I caught some of the show, was mostly watching because I'm taking some Salsa, Mambo, and Bachata classes and was interested to see what they could do after a few weeks.

it could also be because the girl is like 6' 2".

-Jeff