1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dancing With the Stars?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TCN, Sep 13, 2006.

1. TCN

TCN Distinguished Member

Okay, so I'm watching Dancing With the Stars last night (I probably just lost half of you), and Tucker Carlson comes out to do his little routine. I don't watch Tucker much, but I'm aware of him and his bowtie trademark . . . whatever, good for him. But the few times that I have seen this guy, he appears to have 1) small bowties and 2) very regular (perfect) knots; therefore I have him under suspicion for wearing pre-tied bowties.

Then last night, he pulls off his bow-tie during his dance routine, and it's clearly a pre-tied tie!!! I announce this to my wife, and she defends it by saying "well, he had to get rid of it quickly", but that's BS, since he was not wearing a button-down shirt, and therefore should have been able to untie and yank off a proper bow-tie even faster than some clip-on monstrosity (more stylish move to boot).

Anyone care to comment, or should I just add what remains of this flask to my morning Cafe Americano?

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Okay, so I'm watching Dancing With the Stars last night (I probably just lost half of you), and Tucker Carlson comes out to do his little routine. I don't watch Tucker much, but I'm aware of him and his bowtie trademark . . . whatever, good for him. But the few times that I have seen this guy, he appears to have 1) small bowties and 2) very regular (perfect) knots; therefore I have him under suspicion for wearing pre-tied bowties.

Then last night, he pulls off his bow-tie during his dance routine, and it's clearly a pre-tied tie!!! I announce this to my wife, and she defends it by saying "well, he had to get rid of it quickly", but that's BS, since he was not wearing a button-down shirt, and therefore should have been able to untie and yank off a proper bow-tie even faster than some clip-on monstrosity (more stylish move to boot).

Anyone care to comment, or should I just add what remains of this flask to my morning Cafe Americano?

Add the remainder, buy another bottle and add that until you pass out.

3. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

At least he is consistent. He did violence to both the bowtie and the cha cha.

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

At least he is consistent. He did violence to both the bowtie and the cha cha.

And, seemingly, the buffet table.

5. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

I recorded it and found it to be unwatchable. I guess when I fast forwarded through it I didn't notice the bowtie.

6. TCN

TCN Distinguished Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That was some of the worst dancing I've ever seen - not that I could do much better mind you, but then again, I would have said "no" had they come calling for an unknown Detroit lawyer to be featured in the show.

I think I also would have lived at the gym and not Krispy Kreme had I known I was going to be dancing on national television. [​IMG]

7. designprofessor

designprofessor Distinguished Member

I had it on in the studio...would have been amazing (given the above considerations) if he would have busted out this incredibly gracefull /powerfull routine...not to be.
    Dancing is tough on alot of levels.. I'd crash and burn, real bow -tie or not[​IMG]

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

What a disgusting show. I've never even heard of these stars.

9. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

What a disgusting show. I've never even heard of these stars.
    "I was a teen star. That's disgusting enough."

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

the first 2 seasons were entertaining because they each had an uber hottie that made it all the way to the finals (Kelly Monaco and Stacy Keibler)...this season doesnt have one. Willa Ford is cute (and her playboy spread was pretty good) but isnt in Stacy/Kelly league. That and the "stars" couldnt get a corner booth without notice at the local McDs much less anyplace else...

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

"I was a teen star. That's disgusting enough."
    Was the much maligned Danny Bondaduce there?

12. Stax

Stax Senior Member

Tucker Carlson is on Dancing with the Stars? How perfect.

13. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

Somehow, it manages to encapsulate the simultaneous decline of two pseudo-institutions of television at once, no?[​IMG]

14. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

No idea who this person is or what the show is about, and for once Wikipedia has left me none the wiser.

Ah, ignorance is bliss! [​IMG]

15. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Whoa, hold on a second . . .

The Wikipedia entry for this Carlson clown shows hom wearing a bow tie, so I assume this is part of his standard garb . . . and he showed the whole world (excluding me, apparently) that he wears a clip on??!!

I can scarcely think of a more fitting public humiliation. His sartorial choices are their own reward.

[​IMG]