• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Damn eBayers

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the **** do you bid on **** if you have no intention of paying. Sold my old phone for $197 a few days ago. No contact until today and buyer says
I SENT YOU A MESSAGE THAT I DECIDED NOT TO BUY YOUR PHONE ! [FONT=arial, sans-serif]- thomas.559[/FONT]
Thanks douchebag. He never messaged me as if it makes it ok. Add him to your blocked list if you have one. /rant

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you send him a cancellation agreement, you can get the FVF back.

Or, if you don't, you can get him a nonpaying bidder strike. I think ebay bars him from leaving neg feedback if he does not pay.

The number of flakes on ebay has increased this season....another effect of the economy, I fear.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Also, sellers can't leave negative (or neutral even, if I recall) for buyers any more. I stopped using ebay as a seller the day that happened, because it completely enables crap like this.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay treats seller like **** re: nonpaying bidders (or anything else for that matter). They don't even get a slap on the wrist, as far as I know. You, on the other hand, have to go to all this bullshit to get your fees back.

keikun13

Reaction score
After they put in that new feedback system, I started weening myself off eBay (for selling) and started moving over to Craigslist. It's a bit slower to find buyers and sometimes it's a big hassle, but it beats all the **** you have to take from eBay.

canvas01

Reaction score
After 7 days you can "report an unpaid item" and after another 7 you can give the buyer an unpaid item strike and get your FVF reimbursed. Depending upon whether the buyer has other unpaid item strikes, he/she can be kicked off ebay.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by canvas01
After 7 days you can "report an unpaid item" and after another 7 you can give the buyer an unpaid item strike and get your FVF reimbursed. Depending upon whether the buyer has other unpaid item strikes, he/she can be kicked off ebay.

Big whoop though, they just make another account.

eBay honestly blows now for sellers, I used to sell many things on there except the ridiculous fees, policies, and feedback killed me from jerkoff buyers. Now I just buy things (sparingly).

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by canvas01
It's just nuts how they can wait up to 2 weeks for payment. Imagine the fury if you didn't ship your item for 2 weeks after payment. Even better, I've read that the first unpaid strike is wiped clear by eBay because they want a good buyer experience! I sent second chance offers to the next 2 bidders at $195 and $150(!) and of course they didn't buy it because it's been several days and they probably bought something else. I'm thinking about leaving positive feedback for this but with "NEGATIVE" "NONPAYER" in the actual comments. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by mack11211
If you send him a cancellation agreement, you can get the FVF back. Or, if you don't, you can get him a nonpaying bidder strike. I think ebay bars him from leaving neg feedback if he does not pay. The number of flakes on ebay has increased this season....another effect of the economy, I fear.
Since he won't be able to leave me a BS negative, I might leave him a false positive so future sellers know what they may be in for.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is evidence to me that eBay is on the way out, unless it drastically revamps its service experience, which would necessitate fee structure changes. For a long time buyers were at a disadvantage. Sellers had no reason to give feedback. Sellers would often list the same item multiple times. They would create sock puppets to boost auction prices. eBay did nothing. Additionally, the trade in everything from endangered species products to counterfeit or even just scalped tickets, to me, says a lot about how much the company cares about being ethical. Forget it. I haven't bought anything off eBay in a few years, and while I browse a bit, I may never again.

indy116

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I'm thinking about leaving positive feedback for this but with "NEGATIVE" "NONPAYER" in the actual comments. Thoughts?

He could have eBay remove that.

lucypinder

Reaction score
Once the item ships, it's no problem. I always have a problem with 1 seller when I buy textbooks. Everyone else has stated that they have shipped the book and I already received them. At least state that it has been shipped so I know that you got the damn email notice that an item was sold.

ebay tickets selling

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made an offer on an item, and now I regret it. If the seller accepts can I decline? I feel kind of fucked up for flaking on the seller. Hope he declines offer.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads