• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dalmo Cashmere Knitwear

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order this week actually! So I have some time left to wait. I didn't ask for a turnaround quote but 4-6 weeks sounds right.

I ordered a 2-ply navy cashmere rollneck in loro piana yarn. Experience was great. Clotilde is the best. I'll be sure to post a review in here when I receive it.

Thanks for all your help!

Hi, may I ask you if you received your order already?

Been quite happy with my scottish cashmere so far but thinking to pay Dalmo a visit when in Florence next month.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, may I ask you if you received your order already?

Been quite happy with my scottish cashmere so far but thinking to pay Dalmo a visit when in Florence next month.
Ah yes! I did and it is fantastic. I’ll post a picture when I get home tonight.

it turned out great: spot on measurements though the forearm is just slightly wider than I’d like (who’d have guessed?).

I don’t own any modern Scottish cashmere so I can’t really compare to Lockie etc. I own a couple vintage Ballantynes and the Dalmo LP cashmere is certainly softer and feels thicker to my hand. It feels reasonably densely woven to me and has a good crimp. I can’t really comment on pilling or anything like that yet though.

In general I’m quite thrilled and will go back for another I’m sure.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Really looking forward to the pictures and to visiting them in September.

The possibility of ordering any shade from LP is tempting.

D48F827B-870C-453A-A51E-11F5C2C64F27.png

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Really looking forward to the pictures and to visiting them in September.

The possibility of ordering any shade from LP is tempting.

View attachment 1821467
Sir, let me know how it goes! Looking to order a cardigan in LP cashmere for my mom.

dawei94

Reaction score
Met Clo in person in Pisa a few days ago to place an order for a 2-ply crewneck with a thin vertical rib pattern in a greyish-blue Loro Piana yarn. No tweaks to the pattern vs the brown mock-neck (previously pictured in this thread), though with the crewneck's neck hole, we tightened that up a bit vs the blue crewneck that was ordered through Corcos because my undershirt shows a bit on the blue one (also previously pictured).

One exciting development, Clo mentioned that she is considering doing trunk shows to supplement the partnerships with retailers / tailors and private orders through whatsapp / measurements. Hopefully that comes to fruition, particularly in the US, as I feel like it's much easier for new customers to order in person with samples than through whatsapp, and there's definitely a dearth of good and reasonably priced MTM knitwear

Stone

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any quality issues with their purchases from Dalmo?

I ordered a hand-knit 8-ply cashmere turtleneck in Loro Piana from them last year, and it arrived late, so I wasn't able to wear it much before it started to get warm. Now that it's gotten cold again, I've had a chance to wear it a few more times, and I'm pretty disappointed with it. The knit feels kind of loose and flimsy, which leads to the sleeves and neck bagging out and getting floppy. Maybe it's the fact that it's hand knit, or that it's Italian cashmere. Either way, I'm going to stick with scottish knits going forward.

dawei94

Reaction score
I haven't had that experience with either of the two that I had, but would also be curious if anyone else has had this experience. Did Dalmo say anything about it?

dawei94

Reaction score
Third order from Dalmo. I saw Clo in Pisa late last year and ordered the greyish blue sweater. We tweaked the fit a bit based on the first two sweaters, and she also added the vertical ribbing as well as the narrower ribs for the collar (original one ordered through Sartoria Corcos for reference on the wider ribs).

Additionally, Clo mentioned to me she is looking to do a trunk show in the US this year, with 1-2 cities to start. I tried to convince her to come to SF so that I don't need to go back to Pisa to see her again, but she mentioned most of her customers in the US are based in the Northeast / Midwest. Would anyone here be interested in a US trunk show, either SF or somewhere else (my guess would be NYC / Chicago based on what she said)?

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 217

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the ballpark pricing on a Crewneck?

dawei94

Reaction score
It varies based on ply and yarn type (she has a bunch besides cashmere), but I've been paying between 400 and 550 euros shipped, ordered one at a time through Whatsapp and in person in Pisa. I don't know if there would be a upcharge for clients she meets at a trunk show, as that seems fairly common for other Italian bespoke / custom clothing makers, so don't quote me on that if the trunk show ends up happening and you meet them there.

The alternative that I was looking at before I saw the Dalmo MTM knitwear offering (through Sartoria Corcos at the time) was N Peal in NYC at their UES store, which I remember being ~$800 with the MTM fee, so it is a solid value in my opinion, though I haven't worn any of them long enough to assess long-term durability

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics