• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dallas meeting with G&G

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those interested in the Astaire by G&G. I placed some details on the other G&G thread I started.
I posted this thread mainly to echo the comments made by LARon. As stated before, they are very nice guys and the shoes were superb. Apparently their San Francisco showing was quite successful.

I made a quick turn through Stanley Korshak (Kitons for $2400
eek.gif
) before my appt. I also had a chance to lunch with fellow forum member jcusey. He had helpful information, so when I went in to meet Tony and Dean. I had my li.st narrowed.

Just in case anyone wanted to know how it went in Big D.
designprofessor

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you had a good time. Unfortunately, this will probably be the start of a very expensive habit.
smile.gif

--Andre

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i have had the same thort and i am thinking about what bespoke i can the next time i get to go back to england! - i have 2 in mind
blush.gif

also i think you have made a great choice i hope you enjoy wearing the shoes i can not wait to get mine i have order the grant and the mitchell
inlove.gif

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your choice, prof! (I saw similar Kitons at NM/SF; talk about eye popping prices.)

hmhill

Reaction score
I had my second meeting with Tony at 2 p.m. in Dallas. He measure my feet in March. The following is a photograph from the second fitting:

dscn10023.jpg

The final finish will be a antique dark oak and should be ready in four to six weeks.

Max

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads