• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daffy's Elizabeth NJ Incotex/Mabitex

CorneliusP

Reaction score
Does anyone here ever go to the Daffy's in NJ? There are two within 2 miles of each other in Elizabeth, NJ. I went to them each once during my 2 week stay here. Found some neat stuff for myself but nothing too special in my size (only 1 pair of Incotex that I liked that didn't bear hug my legs.)

However, I saw a bunch (20+ pairs each store) of Mabitex and Vestium Officina by Mabitex in various sizes, made in all sorts of locations. Some good quality, some not so good; some goofy colors and patterns, some not. I saw many Incotex (10+ pairs each store) as well. Again, same randomness, but it is worth a shot if anyone is nearby.

The interesting point of note: the Mabitex are priced between $24.99 and $69.99, as it appears the staff can actually recognize them, while the Incotex are labeled "casual/dress pant" and are all $13.99, as if they do not realize that they are a good brand. Some don't even have the labels cut. I almost bought a pair of mint purple inco chinos, but decided to waste (wisely spend?) my 14 bucks on an Altea tie.

I am not really a B/S kind of guy and I'll be leaving the most awful state in existence tomorrow, so I thought I'd let you guys take advantage of the goodies. Elizabeth is about 1-1.5 hours from NYC.

CorneliusP

Reaction score
New Jersey is a horrible place. I thought that was common knowledge.

CorneliusP

Reaction score
Man I can't wait to leave!

It would be cool if you could make left turns, but those don't exist here. Also, roads should not have 4 different names unless the highway exit signs depict all of the names. Also, cross streets should have street signs. Also, Retro Fitness shouldn't stop me from deadlifting in the stretching area (there is no space and I don't want to use the only squat rack (not that I should care, because nobody squats in it anyways), it is cramped full of bright yellow goddamn bee machines), and then again for using chalk. Also, every woman in the state is unattractive. Also, could rest stops maybe take credit cards? I thought we took care of that *********** 90s. Also, the MILK **************** WHAT THE HELL? How can you **** up MILK

The only redeeming quality was the kickin' spicy chicken coriander soup.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorneliusP
Man I can't wait to leave!

It would be cool if you could make left turns, but those don't exist here. Also, roads should not have 4 different names unless the highway exit signs depict all of the names. Also, cross streets should have street signs. Also, Retro Fitness shouldn't stop me from deadlifting in the stretching area (there is no space and I don't want to use the only squat rack (not that I should care, because nobody squats in it anyways), it is cramped full of bright yellow goddamn bee machines), and then again for using chalk. Also, every woman in the state is unattractive. Also, could rest stops maybe take credit cards? I thought we took care of that *********** 90s. Also, the MILK **************** WHAT THE HELL? How can you **** up MILK

The only redeeming quality was the kickin' spicy chicken coriander soup.

I am not sure what areas of NJ you are referring to, but honestly is a very diverse state. Outside of Elizabeth you will find extremely expensive and beautiful suburban towns, that in my opinion are very preppy if anything.

Maybe you can let us know what city you stayed in coming to the conclusion that every woman is unattractive, as well as let us know where you are from.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorneliusP
Elizabeth is about 1-1.5 hours from NYC.

Elizabeth is rather closer to NYC than 1-1.5 hours, at least by the Northeast Corridor train. It is a not very attractive place.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Elizabeth is rather closer to NYC than 1-1.5 hours, at least by the Northeast Corridor train. It is a not very attractive place.

Exactly, Its interesting when people outside of NJ go to Elizabeth or Newark etc... because they came to the airport and make their entire conclusion on the state based on this. Little do they know if they actually leave there, its an entirely different state.

Im sure I could go to your State, find the shittiest city and then make the same conclusion.

Thats like me going to the most run down ghetto crime ridden neighborhood in Los Angeles CA and saying, man this State is the shithole of America, who would want to live here. Man All the woman here are ugly
eh.gif
Makes me laugh....

Elizabeth is 30 minutes form NYC.

guster

Reaction score
I have to put a plug in for NJ. The Eastern part, along the NJ turnpike is extremely ugly. But get out west, especially west of Highway 287 and you will find some pretty country. Down south you get some beach and piens area. Jersey has more of a wilderness than most people realize. The bear population thrives in that Northwest part of the State. I am not from Jersye so i am not speaking from a hometown pride standpoint. Just saying I was surprised to find some areas in the State that are nothing like the areas cloer to NYC.

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
What is the deal with Daffy's? I assumed they just had junk. Are the incotex and other quality brand pants they have like damaged or some budget outlet line that is lousy quality? Why else would they sell quality garments at such low prices? As for NJ, Morris and Somerset counties are two of the wealthiest in the country, they are not what most people think of when they think NJ.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
What is the deal with Daffy's? I assumed they just had junk. Are the incotex and other quality brand pants they have like damaged or some budget outlet line that is lousy quality? Why else would they sell quality garments at such low prices? As for NJ, Morris and Somerset counties are two of the wealthiest in the country, they are not what most people think of when they think NJ.

Bergen County is the most expensive in the State. My old Boss had a party in a beautiful neighborhood in Engelwood and the neighborhood was just fantastic. Mansions set back with really nice properties. I forgot to mention that Paul McCartney had a house down the street.

The further East you go the more expensive it is. Morris County has nice towns and wealthy ones, but nothing like Alpine or upper Saddle River. Every county has really expensive towns for th emost part. Whats cool is yu can go from farmland, to suburbia, to beach to inner city just driving around the state. Morris couny is nice because its alot more open, but its much further away from the city.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some very nice places in NJ, if you can afford the insane property taxes. Southern NJ, outside of Philly can be quite nice too.

Kappa Brandon

Reaction score
who cares about how ****** or not ****** jersey is...whats the deal with the pants?

CorneliusP

Reaction score
I was in the area of Sayreville, Matawan, East Brunswick, etc. I flew into JFK, so I didn't really go to Newark/Elizabeth except to shop at Daffy's/NM Last Call/Off Saks! Admittedly, I was mostly around the turnpike, which is where you claim is bad (and it was). I suppose I was only in a focused part of the state, but NJ is a pretty small state. It was ass enough to turn me off from the rest.

Except for that bear comment. I was not aware of the NJ bear population. Bears can redeem anyplace, so I guess NJ is OK.

I live in Monterey, CA. What can I say, we have nicer ladies
wink.gif
. Have you ever been to a gym that had no eye candy? That is some crazy bizarro universe ****, but there were none at the 2 gyms I went to.

PS I hate LA it is a ****-hole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads