• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daffy Incotex vs Mabitex

yellman

Reaction score
Any thoughts as to why there seems to be a shortage of incotex at Daffy's and a surplus of Mabitex?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing.

I also wonder if Daffy gets its merchandise from overseas, because what store in the US sell the european-fit (slim) Mabitex? I don't think I've ever seen them.

I also don't see the quality differences between the Incotex and the Mabitex.

chemdemet

Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing. mabitex seems quite good though so i am fine with it, especially if its available on a regular basis. its a little crazy with all the diff cuts/style son their dress pants. i recently bought 3 pairs that looked exactly the same and they all fit differently?! i always wondered how they got incotex so cheap. this seems to be there answer to dwindling incotex supplies, and keep us shopping there. check out this lading receipt for 3819kg of mabitex! i wonder how long that will last!! http://panjiva.com/Mabitex-SpA/1548670

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was sort of the opposite this past Fall, all Incotex and no Mabitex.

yellman

Reaction score
wow that is smart. How did u find out about this website to track shipments?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i agree with the same. i think incotex is more well known name here in the states. mabitex no one really knows except for forumites.

i personally prefer the mabitex. they run slim and nice and are just as qualitative as incotex but inco can be a little inconsistent in fit. i see inco in the NM dept stores all the time. mabitex? i have never seen it anywhere besides at sf/daffy's purchases.

chemdemet

Reaction score
dunno, was just googling a bit to find out more about mabitex and that popped up. seemed cool, but that was like a sample of the sites information, and im def not subscribing to that site, unless they can track when daffys gets stuff in my size!

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I've noticed the same thing.

I also wonder if Daffy gets its merchandise from overseas, because what store in the US sell the european-fit (slim) Mabitex? I don't think I've ever seen them.

I also don't see the quality differences between the Incotex and the Mabitex.

Didn't mention somewhere that you had accumulated 50 pairs of 32/48 Inco chinos, all still unhemmed and unworn? Still waiting for you to flip those!

Originally Posted by chemdemet
check out this lading receipt for 3819kg of mabitex! i wonder how long that will last!!

http://panjiva.com/Mabitex-SpA/1548670

Originally Posted by yellman
wow that is smart. How did u find out about this website to track shipments?

+1. That's some next-level intel!
worship.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Didn't mention somewhere that you had accumulated 50 pairs of 32/48 Inco chinos, all still unhemmed and unworn? Still waiting for you to flip those!
:

Haha, it's more like 22 pairs.
blush.gif

As a rule, I only buy stuff I can wear, so they are all hemmed/cuffed and ready to go. I've got a spring/summer bunch and a fall/winter bunch.

I'm all Inco/Mabi out.
laugh.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also can't help myself but to stop into every Daffy that I see and buy some more.

sm332

Reaction score
Haha, it's more like 22 pairs.
blush.gif

As a rule, I only buy stuff I can wear, so they are all hemmed/cuffed and ready to go. I've got a spring/summer bunch and a fall/winter bunch.

I'm all Inco/Mabi out.
laugh.gif

I think I need to make a trip to NYC just for these!

Last time in Philly - I didnt find any Inco/Mabi which was surprising.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Problem with these pants is that the fit is inconsistent, it is a crap shoot so I gave up on chinnos period. The only good wool office pantas are Incotex Sartoriale in super fine wools but those are very rare. Other than that, it is all crap, no wonder there is such a huge surplus.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also can't help myself but to stop into every Daffy that I see and buy some more.

I only hit 1 Daffy's in NYC, plus the one at Jersey Gardens, as well as the one across the highway from Bergen Mall in Paramus last time I was in NYC/NJ. Didn't find jack at those locations then and didn't want to waste more time looking up other Daffy's. B&S is still my only source, most sellers' asking prices for cotton Incos are alright. Reminds me I gotta try BB Milano fit chinos @ 2/$100.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I only hit 1 Daffy's in NYC, plus the one at Jersey Gardens, as well as the one across the highway from Bergen Mall in Paramus last time I was in NYC/NJ. Didn't find jack at those locations then and didn't want to waste more time looking up other Daffy's. B&S is still my only source, most sellers' asking prices for cotton Incos are alright. Reminds me I gotta try BB Milano fit chinos @ 2/$100.

BB chinos are the ****, they are made in China but you know that you are going to get consistent fit and different colours. Plus they are non-wrinkle, which I didn't like at first but now love it. No need to press them, just put on and wear all day.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Problem with these pants is that the fit is inconsistent, it is a crap shoot so I gave up on chinnos period. The only good wool office pantas are Incotex Sartoriale in super fine wools but those are very rare. Other than that, it is all crap, no wonder there is such a huge surplus.

i have a pair of incotex sartoriale as well, they are tops. super nice. they run a tad bit more conservative than mabitex though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads