• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dacks and other Canadian shoe brands

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Brillo pad on my chest definitely lends itself to the latter
My wife was very vocal in telling me that I should be rocking these with flowy linen pants and a casual shirt
Unfortunately that look wouldn't fly in the office. Come the weekend though......

mariusscott

Reaction score
Picked these up earlier in the week, have been busy travelling and dealing with inlaws from all over the world this summer to be active with my shoe gain. Dack's bond street, anyone shed any light on the hides? think water bison but pretty distinct

Attachments

• IMG_7608.jpg
    IMG_7608.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7612.jpg
    IMG_7612.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7613.jpg
    IMG_7613.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 21

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked these up earlier in the week, have been busy travelling and dealing with inlaws from all over the world this summer to be active with my shoe gain. Dack's bond street, anyone shed any light on the hides? think water bison but pretty distinct

I say bison.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has been quiet of lates. I will try to change the tone a bit. And to start the initiative, one of my favourite pairs in the collection - Florsheim by John McHale. These gunboats are just awesome. Durable and versatile for any situation. Just some VSC keeps them in good shape.

Attachments

• 67B15CC3-80EA-4BD6-98B3-8B81395FEE1D.jpeg
    67B15CC3-80EA-4BD6-98B3-8B81395FEE1D.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 25
  • E1A709CB-EBB9-4540-B9E6-74C021AFDDB2.jpeg
    E1A709CB-EBB9-4540-B9E6-74C021AFDDB2.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 31

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a way to refer from one thread to another but couldn't find a method. How would one do this?

I just copy and paste the web link itself!

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been quiet here this week. Some non-CM to revive the thread...

I needed some new steel toes for grass cutting. I said to @Jiqea my goal was to spend no more than $20. A couple days later I find this 1985 HH Brown pair of parade boots at VV for $19.99 that fit nice with a bit of room for socks as they are E width, not my usual D. Since these boots are often priced at $39.99, I snapped them up. Washed the laces, gave them a Bick 4 and a cursory black shoe cream treatment and they are good to go.

IMG_6490.JPG
IMG_6491.JPG
IMG_6492.JPG

Shout out to Ottawa's Mike Woods who had a great ride at today's stage 15 of TdF, despite two broken ribs and teammates nowhere to be seen!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been quiet here this week. Some non-CM to revive the thread...

I needed some new steel toes for grass cutting. I said to @Jiqea my goal was to spend no more than $20. A couple days later I find this 1985 HH Brown pair of parade boots at VV for $19.99 that fit nice with a bit of room for socks as they are E width, not my usual D. Since these boots are often priced at $39.99, I snapped them up. Washed the laces, gave them a Bick 4 and a cursory black shoe cream treatment and they are good to go.

View attachment 1210083 View attachment 1210084 View attachment 1210085

Shout out to Ottawa's Mike Woods who had a great ride at today's stage 15 of TdF, despite two broken ribs and teammates nowhere to be seen!

Those are amazing. I bought a pair of US made Wolverines for yard work. My backyard gets muddy so shoes just don't cut it. I wear galoshes for the fall and rainy days.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are amazing. I bought a pair of US made Wolverines for yard work. My backyard gets muddy so shoes just don't cut it. I wear galoshes for the fall and rainy days.

Yup, good work boots are essential. I have these for danger, Sorels for winter, and 2 standard and 1 insulated rubber boots, all Kamik IIRC, for the really wet. All of them Canadian!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, good work boots are essential. I have these for danger, Sorels for winter, and 2 standard and 1 insulated rubber boots, all Kamik IIRC, for the really wet. All of them Canadian!

My black basic galoshes are Canadian made and from Canadian Tire (brand unknown).

I have Kamik Williams where the uppers are made in Canada.

Otherwise wear rubber overboots and overshoes for winter with my dress shoes.

lbgradwell

Reaction score
The boots are great and look all-but-new.

No kidding? That's excellent. I usually follow the TdF closely, but haven't watched a single stage this year and have only read a few articles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads