• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dacks and other Canadian shoe brands

nikolau

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I saw these nice looking wholecuts on Poshmark and I’m concerned they’re not a size 13- mostly because I seldom if ever see size 13 wholecuts. Also- they’re overpriced. For those of you who known these things, could you advise what the size code translates to?

2D0E72AD-A366-4C7D-9C18-77703EC6DA03.png

E9CCF973-73E2-4E02-9C1F-AB4993B28F7E.png

COLONEL77

Reaction score
These are house shoes that I got about 10 years ago for $43 at a liquidation store. Any idea when these were made?

View attachment 1363942

View attachment 1363943

View attachment 1363944

BOTH THE DACK'S / HARTT LINE PRODUCED THIS STYLE FOR DECADES AND CHURCH MADE AN ALMOST IDENTICAL SHOE WHERE ONE WOULD HAVE TO LINE UP AN EXAMPLE OF ALL SIMILAR FROM EVERY MANUFACTURER TO ANOTHER TO SEE DIFFERENCES - A CLASSIC SHOE STYLE TO BE CERTAIN - YOU COULD NEVER GO WRONG HAVING A PAIR OF THESE IN ANY POSSIBLE COLOUR -

ON ANOTHER DAY I WILL TELL ABOUT DACK'S MAKING ENORMOUS SHOES IN THIS STYLE AND A FEW OTHERS FOR THE KING OF THE WATUSI IN SIZES SO LARGE CUSTOM LASTS WERE PRODUCED - COLONEL77

COLONEL77

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I saw these nice looking wholecuts on Poshmark and I’m concerned they’re not a size 13- mostly because I seldom if ever see size 13 wholecuts. Also- they’re overpriced. For those of you who known these things, could you advise what the size code translates to?

View attachment 1365950
View attachment 1365951
SORRY, FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, TYPICAL / USUAL COMPUTER DUMBNESS IN THESE THINGS WHEN IT COMES TO SENT IMAGES, AM NOT SEEING MUCH OF THESE IMAGES WHERE ONLY AN INCH AT TOP OF WHAT LOOKS TO BE 2 OR 3 IMAGES ( ??? ) SHOWS SO NOT ENOUGH TO VENTURE ANY COMPLETE OPINION - LOOKS LIKE STYLE NUMBER IS - 2331 - WITH - 13 - TO RIGHT BEING SIZE, THOUGH CANNOT FIGURE OTHER NUMBERS AS HAVE BEEN AWAY TOO LONG SO HAVE FORGOTTEN SEQUENCES MANY OF WHICH CHANGED IN THE 1970s ONWARD - IF YOU HAVE SIMILAR SHOES YOU COULD HOLD THEM UP AGAINST WHATEVER IMAGE WE ARE SEEING AND THE SIZE SHOULD TELL F THIS PAIR ARE A - C - D - E - >>> - WIDTH - MANY HERE SEEM TO KNOW HOW TO EQUATE THESE NUMBERS VERY WELL, HOWEVER - ALL THE BEST - COLONEL77

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

COLONEL77

Reaction score
Canadian made Florsheim by the McHale shoe company.

Wore them for my daily walk with the kids. View attachment 1364941 View attachment 1364942 View attachment 1364943

HAVING NOT BEEN HERE ALL THAT LONG IN LAST FEW YEARS AM WONDERING IF MEASUREMENTS ABOVE ARE YOURS AS SHOES LOOK LARGER THAN SIZE 8 TO 9, ALTHOUGH AS A PHOTOGRAPHER KNOW THINGS AT TIMES DO NOT EQUATE FROM ACTUAL TO IMAGES SEEN ON COMPUTERS - ALL IN ALL A GREAT LOOKING PAIR YOU WOULD BE PROUD TO BE SEEN IN ANYWHERE AROUND THE PLACE - ALL THE BEST - COLONEL77

COLONEL77

Reaction score
Those are 9.5D.
THEREFORE, ARE YOU, YOURSELF, LOOKING FOR SHOES IN SIZE 13 AS MIGHT HAVE SOME YOU WOULD WISH TO HAVE I NO LONGER WEAR - THESE WOULD RANGE FROM 13-C TO 13-WIDE - ADVISE AND ALSO WHAT STYLES / COLOURS / ETC. YOU ARE SEEKING MOSTLY -
ALL THE BEST - COLONEL77

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are 9.5D

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

COLONEL77

Reaction score
FURTHER TO QUALITY WATCHES -

IAN FLEMING, author of the JAMES BOND novels, once said that " A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Savile Row suit,” -

THE SAME MAY BE SAID ABOUT THE VERY BEST MADE SHOES YOU MIGHT EVER FIND. - COLONEL77

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I would add to this list your car (or horse in a different age) and your woman, in no particular order.

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks- they’re marketing them as 13s lol.
I have always assumed that the two digits at the end of the top row of numbers were the unique identifier for the quality control person, who likely stamped this info in the shoe. You will find that those digits will vary between 1 and 15 (never higher). This is speculation on my part but it makes sense to me.

nikolau

Reaction score

Woah! Awesome. I am looking for shoes in a size 13, yes. Vintage Canadian shoes in large sizes are few and far between where I live. I can’t wear narrow shoes unfortunately, but both Ds & Es work well for me. I’ve been hoping to get long wing brogues in the various exotic leathers produced (Camel in particular, though I’ve seen pictures referred to as bison, prairie buffalo, and prairie oxhide which all seem awesome). Those longwings will still look fantastic in 50 years.

There are a lot of amazing pairs I’d be happy and proud to own and wear- I’ve seen pictures of cap toe derby/bluchers with spade soles which look really stellar, just as an example. I guess let me know what you’re open to parting with. If you’d like I’ll send you a direct message here on styleforum. @COLONEL77

Last edited:

COLONEL77

Reaction score
Woah! Awesome. I am looking for shoes in a size 13, yes. Vintage Canadian shoes in large sizes are few and far between where I live. I can’t wear narrow shoes unfortunately, but both Ds & Es work well for me. I’ve been hoping to get long wing brogues in the various exotic leathers produced (Camel in particular, though I’ve seen pictures referred to as bison, prairie buffalo, and prairie oxhide which all seem awesome). Those longwings will still look fantastic in 50 years.

There are a lot of amazing pairs I’d be happy and proud to own and wear- I’ve seen pictures of cap toe derby/bluchers with spade soles which look really stellar, just as an example. I guess let me know what you’re open to parting with. If you’d like I’ll send you a direct message here on styleforum. @COLONEL77

UNFORTUNATELY, DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AS WE ARE KEEPING ALL OF THE VARIOUS EXOTIC LEATHERS / STYLES, NEVER WORE MANY BROGUES / BLUCHERS MYSELF SINCE JUNIOR SCHOOL - ALTHOUGH WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT IN USUAL PLACES VISITED WHEN POSSIBLE LOCATIONS ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN TO ADVISE YOU OR GET THEIR BUSINESS CARD FOR INFORMATION SO YOU CAN CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY -

" SORRY ABOUT THAT, CHIEF !!! " - COLONEL77

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads