• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dacks and other Canadian shoe brands

mackbrad

Reaction score
Here's another score from the great outdoors: a pair of black braided Dack's (size 9.5ish), circa 1960s I'm guessing? I perseverated on buying these because I wasn't sure of their pedigree being that the sock liner was faded. But with some careful inspection (and just the right lighting) I deduced that they were indeed Dack's and snapped them up. Anyone know when these were made and the name of the style? I've yet to see these on SF or in the wild.

Attachments

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another score from the great outdoors: a pair of black braided Dack's (size 9.5ish), circa 1960s I'm guessing? I perseverated on buying these because I wasn't sure of their pedigree being that the sock liner was faded. But with some careful inspection (and just the right lighting) I deduced that they were indeed Dack's and snapped them up. Anyone know when these were made and the name of the style? I've yet to see these on SF or in the wild.
They are from the Dack's Bond Street line, Made in England, likely in then 70's or 80's. Made by Cheaney. Good quality shoes. The Bond Street line was at Dacks lower price point, but some of the shoes are quite lovely.

mackbrad

Reaction score
They are from the Dack's Bond Street line, Made in England, likely in then 70's or 80's. Made by Cheaney. Good quality shoes. The Bond Street line was at Dacks lower price point, but some of the shoes are quite lovely.
Good eye (as usual) @Jiqea ! I didn't realize that Bond Street was a lower priced line. It'd be hard to tell, as most of them are already heads and shoulders over most mass market shoes made these days. With a little elbow grease i should bring these up to ship shape!

VintageZealot

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thrilled today to receive these gorgeous (and great fitting) Dacks Baffin Seal shoes. Love them (but I appreciate these are not for everyone):

View attachment 1674663
I was eyeing this pair for awhile but they were too big for me, congratulations on getting them! I love the texture the leather has, it almost reminds me of wood grain. A very unique pair.

I will continue my search for a similar pair but in my size!

FuzzyDunlop82

Reaction score
Hey friends, I've been following here for a while, and interested in Canadian shoes.

I've recently locally seen a NOS pair of Dacks Dufferin (03081; Black Long Wing Blucher) in my size. I can't tell for sure its age, but the box is cream coloured with red/maroon borders.

However, it is bookbinder calf. I'm curious what people's experiences here have been with it. I think it's similar to polished cobbler or hand-waxed finish, and might be an inferior leather. The cost is enough that I could pass on it if the quality is going to decline with enough use.

TIA

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Hi All,

I managed to work out a deal for these gorgeous McHale short wings with an ebay seller, and they arrived today. Not NOS, but in really terrific condition. They are also a good fit...luckily they are a bit generous, as these are tagged a half-size down from what I normally wear! This is the seller's pic - I intend to clean them up a little more, and take some pics of my own to share later:

McHale Short Wings 1.jpg

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure they are triple soled? Or is it a thick welt and two thick soles? I have not seen a pair later than 1959 that was triple soled. Can you take a close up please. The tripled sole 1950s pairs I have have a thick welt, then a thin slip-sole and two thicker soles.
I will defer to your knowledge. They could be midsole plus double soles.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.