• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D&G Shoes

timbo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just signed up to the forum and thought I would get under way by asking for your opinions on these shoes/trainers. I think they would look cool with the right outfit! What do you think?

D4976-2.jpg

Thanks
Tim

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I see the point, but not the attraction.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
welcome to SF

but yeah Im with Tom, not a fan of those. Too much bling for my little foots.

timbo

Reaction score
Fair enough...anyone else? I'm a big fan of D&G's products and the fact that alot of their items are very unique
inlove.gif

timbo

Reaction score
btw thanks for the welcome guys....wheres my manners
smile.gif

I see what you mean about them standing out too much...maybe the same style but with more subtle colours.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
FWIW, I like the cut/shape, as sneakers go. Low profile and relatively simple. Screw it dude, if you can pull it off with one of the new Hickey bright-paisley sportcoats, or something with dragons on it, then cool. But it's one of those things, that if you have to ask...

So you know, you're going to get a lot more businesswear advice here than you will fashion comments. Even the streetwear side frowns on "fashion victims," whatever that means. If you keep a thick skin and don't get discouraged, you'll get some useful advice.

Tom

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yeah its not a board for labelmaniacs and I dont think you will find a lot of Gabbanalove here, but welcome once more. Its a fun place to waste billable time and it accidentally costs you a shitload on clothes you never realised you always needed.

alexpham

Reaction score
I actually like the color scheme a lot but the huge Dolce and Gabbana branding across the shoe is a little offensive. I would still wear it if someone gave them to me though.
teacha.gif

timbo

Reaction score
I'm very much into the clubbing scene, which is I why I thought these would be a possible purchase. Any recommendations on clothing colours to suit, hypothetically speaking of course
smile.gif

mrchapel

Reaction score
Personally, I am not a fan of wearing products that espouse the brand with obscenely large lettering, images, etc. That said, I think these shoes are quite horrid and I would never wear them. I do not feel there exists a correct outfit to match these shoes. However, if you can pull this off, then excellent.

CoryB

Reaction score
Frequently people post "isn't this stylish" with a 7-button suit or the like. I thought this was one of those posts and actually laughed until I realised you were serious. If you have the confidence to pull them off then maybe, but if you have to ask people will simply think you are a label-conscious fashion victim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads