• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D.C.-What's it like?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
DC is hot as balls in the summer. Like gross sticky sweaty hot.

Very true.
I wish I could say that the flood of female interns and sundresses makes up for the heat and humidity.
It really doesn't though.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it much worse than more northern East Coast areas? It gets really humid in NY too.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
only been to the area a few times (once last year and twice to visit my godmother at gtown medical) but i found georgetown one of the nicer places in the us.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Very true.
I wish I could say that the flood of female interns and sundresses makes up for the heat and humidity.
It really doesn't though.

It's a swamp. Swampy vaginas.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Is it much worse than more northern East Coast areas? It gets really humid in NY too.
The heat/humidity is worse than NYC. Same ballpark though. DC has more open spaces so in at least one way its not as bad.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
it is worse than NYC, the potomac is a disgusting sewer which makes things even more unpleasant

also whenever its snows/might snow (even if its .0005 inch) the entire population flips out and floods the supermarkets

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hotter than New England, but you don't have those great sea breezes either. Sometimes you feel like you need a shower again by the time you get to work, but what are you going to do? You aren't the only one.

... and the view, you never get used to it. I can see the Capitol and the Washington Monument from my rooftop deck. It's awesome on the 4th.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I live across the river and we can see the monument (+ fireworks) from a black away, pretty neat.

Also if you haven't lived in this climate you will probably want to kill yourself when late July and August hit. I really cannot overestimate how disgusting you feel when packed in to a subway car with broken air conditioning, feeling faint from the overpowering stench of putrid, unwashed body, further compounded by the ******* nationals sucking dick again and their drunk ass fans flooding the orange line because of some dumb new transportation scheme ughhh **** the wmata

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
DC anecdote: one time I went to a Nationals game (this was before they moved stadiums, so they were still in RFK) and there like 3,000 fans in the stand, the Nationals lost 10-1 and by the 5th inning DC was booing its own team

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
DC anecdote: one time I went to a Nationals game (this was before they moved stadiums, so they were still in RFK) and there like 3,000 fans in the stand, the Nationals lost 10-1 and by the 5th inning DC was booing its own team
laugh.gif

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
if you take the metro you will seriously learn to LOATHE any days in which the nationals play

Seriously though DC/NoVA/MD have a really good interlinked public transportation network. The bus routes are well laid out, extremely cheap ($1.25 with free transfers) and the metro is decently comfortable.

There are occasional delays, especially on the red line, but you can get 'alerts' that warn you delivered to your phone and they usually set up alternative shuttle service. Worse comes to worse, you can take a cab.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love RFK.
Too many fond memories.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do DCers actually like hockey? The only person I know of who goes to Capitals games is a student at GWU (not from D.C.).

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
I love RFK.
Too many fond memories.

I miss walking to the games, but I don't miss RFK. It was leaky, food and liquor selection was limited and required walking to that tiny food court and they never took credit cards.

Just about every visiting team has more fans when they're playing here than Nats fans. Philly games are notorious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics