1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

D.C.-What's it like?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Nov 8, 2008.

1. bkk

bkk Senior member

I'm a Giants fan. I don't know if I can live in D.C., I might get murdered.

I'm an Eagles fan and have had no issues. 'Skins fans are more bark than bite.

2. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    I'm a Giants fan. I don't know if I can live in D.C., I might get murdered.
    They don't play in DC anyway. I go to watch the big rivalry games like Cowboys and Eagles, but I'm a Pats fan and they don't visit too often. Baseball in Baltimore rocks though. $6 cheap seats and an energetic crowd.

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Y'know, I almost went to the University of Maryland. If I had, I could be somewhat acquainted with D.C. by now. [​IMG]

4. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

I wish I went to AU for undergrad... it's almost all female and the guys that are there are mostly gay. I could have really had fun with that!

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I wish I went to AU for undergrad... it's almost all female and the guys that are there are mostly gay. I could have really had fun with that!
    A couple of chicks from my high school attend AU. They are pretty ugly though. I almost applied there.

6. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

A couple of chicks from my high school attend AU. They are pretty ugly though. I almost applied there.
    GWU has the hottest girls, but they're richer, higher maintenance and a bit dim too. Lack standards for cash will do that. Georgetown is second and they despise GWU girls. American is eh, but it has it's fair share of hotties and the ratio is killer. They require about the same (if not less) maintenance than a Wellesley girl. They don't hate Georgetown, but don't usually venture down the hill to visit too often. They're invisible to GU and GWU undergrad girls. I can't really speak to the U of Maryland girls, College Park would be a total shit hole if it weren't for the Ikea.

7. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Do DCers actually like hockey? The only person I know of who goes to Capitals games is a student at GWU (not from D.C.).

I see a lot of bridge and tunnel people going to Caps games.

8. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

I see a lot of bridge and tunnel people going to Caps games.

Maybe that's it. Verizon is so close and yet I'd been to one Caps game and 3 Wizards games since I've been here. It never crosses my mind to go unless someone else brings it up.

9. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Maybe that's it. Verizon is so close and yet I'd been to one Caps game and 3 Wizards games since I've been here. It never crosses my mind to go unless someone else brings it up.
    I know what you mean. I've lived right beside Verizon for over 3 years and have only been to a handfull of Wizards games and not a single Caps game.

10. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

I know what you mean. I've lived right beside Verizon for over 3 years and have only been to a handfull of Wizards games and not a single Caps game.
    Caps games are expensive too. $50 for the cheap seats at a weekend game. We got them for $20 because the lady gave us a military discount, but still... it's Hockey!

11. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

GWU has the hottest girls, but they're richer, higher maintenance and a bit dim too. Lack standards for cash will do that. Georgetown is second and they despise GWU girls. American is eh, but it has it's fair share of hotties and the ratio is killer. They require about the same (if not less) maintenance than a Wellesley girl. They don't hate Georgetown, but don't usually venture down the hill to visit too often. They're invisible to GU and GWU undergrad girls. I can't really speak to the U of Maryland girls, College Park would be a total shit hole if it weren't for the Ikea.
    GW girls are really richer than Georgetown girls? That surprises me. Then again, as you say, a lot of people "buy" their way into GW.

12. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

GW girls are really richer than Georgetown girls? That surprises me.

Then again, as you say, a lot of people "buy" their way into GW.

Not richer, it's more of an old vs. new money thing between the two. Connections are more important at GU than at GWU.

GWU is the most expensive undergrad in the country.

13. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I think Sarah Lawrence may have surpassed GWU this year. It's pretty close either way.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

how dare you suggest he see the orioles. how fucking dare you. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT TEAM HAS BECOME!!!!!!!!!!!!#?????????????/1

15. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Apparently they've lost their #1 position. And to a liberal arts college! [​IMG] Swarthmore I think? Can't remember which it is. It was in DCist a week or so ago.

b

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Apparently they've lost their #1 position. And to a liberal arts college! [​IMG] Swarthmore I think? Can't remember which it is. It was in DCist a week or so ago. b
    Like I said, I think it's Sarah Lawrence.

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

How is the Metro? Fairly reliable for a mass-transit system?

I know it's getting old but I recall reading about Congress finally appropriating $1b+ for Metro (I think this was a few months ago).

18. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

How is the Metro? Fairly reliable for a mass-transit system?

I know it's getting old but I recall reading about Congress finally appropriating $1b+ for Metro (I think this was a few months ago).

Best in the nation. Could be better, but I hardly have any complaints except for them cheaping out the air conditioning last summer. They used to keep it cold in the stations, now only the trains are in the deep freeze.

If you live in the sticks, I mean the suburbs, then you have real complaints.

19. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Best in the nation. Could be better, but I hardly have any complaints except for them cheaping out the air conditioning last summer. They used to keep it cold in the stations, now only the trains are in the deep freeze.

If you live in the sticks, I mean the suburbs, then you have real complaints.

+1. What he said. Metro kicks ass especially if you live near a station.

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

There's no AC in the summer? [​IMG]