• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cyclist Friend Explains Necessity Of $35 Socks

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday and found it quite humorous and reminiscent of the discussions we have here.
laugh.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Onion headline: "Female friend breaks it to 30-year old friend that he dresses like an old man."

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I saw that yesterday and found it quite humorous and reminiscent of the discussions we have here.
laugh.gif

Right up until the point where it turned into a gay sex fantasy.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa. For some reason I read it as "sartoriat-savant defends the pulling of his pants up to his teats despite criticism". weird

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Right up until the point where it turned into a gay sex fantasy.

Don't you frequent the WAYWRN thread?

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Whoa. For some reason I read it as "sartoriat-savant defends the pulling of his pants up to his teats despite criticism". weird
Considering I wear my mid-rise pants down at my hips, well below my navel, you must be either dumb as fck or blind. Good luck with that.

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

youngScholar

Reaction score
I can see some "Freds" getting offended by this.
lol8[1].gif

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Freds" can burn in hell, for all I know. This is the same as explaining to a POS slob the merits of wearing a $2k suit, if you can buy one for $129.00 in a nearby dept store

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The owner of this bike approves.

img00037va3.jpg

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very sincerely hope that the owner of that thing actually races competitively and doesn't just use it to run errands.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
I very sincerely hope that the owner of that thing actually races competitively and doesn't just use it to run errands.

With toe clips and mirrors? Doubt it.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff

With those wheels and that handlebar, there exist precisely zero events in which one could legitimately race that bicycle.

Looks like they attached the rack via the brake boss (sketchy) and hose clamps on the carbon seatstays (super sketchy). Quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads