• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cyclist Friend Explains Necessity Of $35 Socks

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday and found it quite humorous and reminiscent of the discussions we have here.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Onion headline: "Female friend breaks it to 30-year old friend that he dresses like an old man."

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I saw that yesterday and found it quite humorous and reminiscent of the discussions we have here.

Right up until the point where it turned into a gay sex fantasy.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa. For some reason I read it as "sartoriat-savant defends the pulling of his pants up to his teats despite criticism". weird

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Right up until the point where it turned into a gay sex fantasy.

Don't you frequent the WAYWRN thread?

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Whoa. For some reason I read it as "sartoriat-savant defends the pulling of his pants up to his teats despite criticism". weird
Considering I wear my mid-rise pants down at my hips, well below my navel, you must be either dumb as fck or blind. Good luck with that.

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow

youngScholar

Reaction score
I can see some "Freds" getting offended by this.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Freds" can burn in hell, for all I know. This is the same as explaining to a POS slob the merits of wearing a $2k suit, if you can buy one for $129.00 in a nearby dept store

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The owner of this bike approves.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very sincerely hope that the owner of that thing actually races competitively and doesn't just use it to run errands.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
I very sincerely hope that the owner of that thing actually races competitively and doesn't just use it to run errands.

With toe clips and mirrors? Doubt it.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff

With those wheels and that handlebar, there exist precisely zero events in which one could legitimately race that bicycle.

Looks like they attached the rack via the brake boss (sketchy) and hose clamps on the carbon seatstays (super sketchy). Quality.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.