1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CYC Blank Sweatshirts

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by twin8885, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

They're a bit looser than AA. I'd say they run on the loose side, but that's because I feel like sizes in general are way too large for what they should be.

Compared to a basic sweatshirt from hanes, lee, etc. it would be pretty much the same size.

What's sleeve length like? I'll prob want a med for a closer fit through the body, but if the arms aren't generous lengthwise I may have to go large...

2. ayn

ayn Senior member

asked before, but never answered, this is important to a lot of us: what zipper?

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

What's sleeve length like? I'll prob want a med for a closer fit through the body, but if the arms aren't generous lengthwise I may have to go large...

I am not certain to be honest, but from past experience with W+H I'd say the arms should be generous enough to size down one. I'd wait for a bit more info first, but that's my guess.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

asked before, but never answered, this is important to a lot of us: what zipper?

Again I can't speak for the OP but I'd guess that it's a cheaper variety, perhaps a nicer YKK zipper. CYC has to pay a lot of cash for their custom Riri zippers for W+H. I have a feeling the price would be quite a bit higher if they were Riri zippers, seeing as Riris cost $15+ a pop.

I will second the notion that I too hope it is a double-zip, however. I'd be willing to pay extra for a double zip, even if its an extra $10.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I might be interested in a brown/small, I'll check measurements but I assume those fit like Spruce regular fit, correct?

6. nino

nino Well-Known Member

any chance of getting a pullover instead of zip up?

7. Jobo

Jobo Member

I would pick you two olive and navy.

8. King Francis

King Francis Senior member

Just wondering, are you guys planning to customize these blanks with your own designs/graphics/doodling, or do you just really want unbranded solid-color hoodies? I mean, I'm down with either reason, just curious.

Based on the measurements, they seem pretty slim, but Brian's comment has me a little worried. I wouldn't want to wait 12 weeks for a sack.

9. raley

raley Senior member

So are these more of the classic fit model, or slim fit? Slim fit M fits me perfectly, so if this is the classic fit mold should I stay with medium or go for a small?

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

The chest measurement for a small is 40.4 inches. I consider that on the larger size of the fence, but it's certainly not a sack.

Sounds to me like the classic fit. I believe slim fit smalls measure around 38" on the chest.

Nino, CYC is a pretty hard-to-access design company (except for Kane who answers a lot of questions here), and since this order will be stretching to meet minimums, I really doubt anything but the zip hoodie in question can be ordered. That would be an entirely different model/pattern and thus another minimum.

11. King Francis

King Francis Senior member

The chest measurement for a small is 40.4 inches. I consider that on the larger size of the fence, but it's certainly not a sack.

Sounds to me like the classic fit. I believe slim fit smalls measure around 38" on the chest.

Whoops, I think I calculated wrong. Yeah, that's probably a little larger than I'm looking for.

12. ayn

ayn Senior member

I am not certain to be honest, but from past experience with W+H I'd say the arms should be generous enough to size down one. I'd wait for a bit more info first, but that's my guess.

but w+h doesn't use RiRi... i'd get 1 or 2 if it uses Lampo or RiRi zippers, i'll pass if it's YKK...

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

It doesn't? That must be a recent change then. Or perhaps they stopped between the Spruce -> W+H change?

My question is - will they have long cuffs? I dig that detail very much...

YKK makes some really nice zippers, Ayn. I have a couple Marc Jacobs items that some fancy YKKs on them. It's just not as noticeable because I'm sure everyone is used to seeing "YKK" on all their shitty zippers too.

14. ayn

ayn Senior member

yeah, I know, those YKK zippers on highend items probably aren't any cheaper than RiRi, but these hoodies probably wouldn't use those... I just got a LW81, it's dope, but the YKK zipper is nowhere as nice as the Lampo on my W+H's or the RiRi on my W&H and Spruce.

15. alterion

alterion Senior member

I am sure AYN realises this seeing as he has several LW hoodies which all are YKK zipperred [​IMG]. But i thought that the W+H hoodies used lampo/rir zips aswell so its kind of a bummer for the new season if they have stopped and kept the price unchaged EDIT : lol posted at the same time [​IMG]

16. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

I am putting my own order in for ones to print on. As far as the zipper, I cant be certain. BUT, I will not allow a cheap zipper, so if you are concerened rest assured that the zipper is a big thing to me as well.

As far as sizing and such, I really cannot be that much help, I would say they are more like the new classic fit.

17. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

ok 2 questions 1) what zips, so long as its metal i'm good peronally (YKK is fine people)?
    2) how much for intl shipping?
    3) I would take white, heather grey, black but would probably take any colour except purple ( would need pics of the navy) and i would order 2 once my questions are awnsered

International shipping will be 15 bucks.

The colors will be the same as the wings and horn, I am not doing custom colors.

18. ayn

ayn Senior member

awesome, put me down for a small in grey please...

19. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

getting orders, keep em coming

20. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

Would it be possible to get an XS?