• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cyber Monday or Black Friday?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
60,020
Reaction score
22,665
Poal, just for the hell of it. Are you a Black Friday person or Cyber Monday person?
 

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
60,020
Reaction score
22,665
IB Black Friday.
 

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
19,178
Reaction score
14
I'm thinking this is a trap. It's Tuesday after all.
 

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
17,737
Reaction score
7,359
I'm more of a "devote my holidays to things more important than shopping" kind of person

I guess maybe that makes me a cyber monday person?
 

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
10,051
Reaction score
312
What are you fellows talking about ... Cyber Monday? ... Black Friday?
 

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
19,178
Reaction score
14
Cyber Monday and Black Friday are American capitalist holidays. Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving, the busiest shopping day of the year, retailers usually promote it by having one or two items that are substantially marked down (in limited quantities) and a bunch of other crap slightly marked down. You will frequently see people standing in line at four AM waiting for them to open the doors so that they can stampede around, elbowing, biting, clawing and kicking at each other for the chance to "save" $400 on a television or whatever. Then you stand in line for two hours to pay for your ill-gotten goods because the store only has three cashiers working.
Cyber Monday is the online version of the above. Places like Amazon.com have limited quantity/time specials or sale items that you can purchase without having to trample old ladies ruthlessly.
 

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
4,233
Reaction score
30
I didn't even know there was a Cyber Monday. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Yes I hate America.
 

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
10,051
Reaction score
312
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving, the busiest shopping day of the year, retailers usually promote it by having one or two items that are substantially marked down (in limited quantities) and a bunch of other crap slightly marked down. You will frequently see people standing in line at four AM waiting for them to open the doors so that they can stampede around, elbowing, biting, clawing and kicking at each other for the chance to "save" $400 on a television or whatever. Then you stand in line for two hours to pay for your ill-gotten goods because the store only has three cashiers working.


Cyber Monday is the online version of the above. Places like Amazon.com have limited quantity/time specials or sale items that you can purchase without having to trample old ladies ruthlessly.

Ah ... now it's clear. I'm more of a December 15ther.
 

Petrus1

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Cyber Monday and Black Friday are American capitalist holidays.

Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving, the busiest shopping day of the year, retailers usually promote it by having one or two items that are substantially marked down (in limited quantities) and a bunch of other crap slightly marked down. You will frequently see people standing in line at four AM waiting for them to open the doors so that they can stampede around, elbowing, biting, clawing and kicking at each other for the chance to "save" $400 on a television or whatever. Then you stand in line for two hours to pay for your ill-gotten goods because the store only has three cashiers working.


Cyber Monday is the online version of the above. Places like Amazon.com have limited quantity/time specials or sale items that you can purchase without having to trample old ladies ruthlessly.


I do all of my shopping online and know exactly when all stores like BB, Saks,Bloomingdales etc etc etc put their stuff on sale. I buy what I want immediately and save a 1/4 -1/3. Why pay full price when I'm never in any hurry to buy something?
 

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
60,020
Reaction score
22,665
Originally Posted by RSS
What are you fellows talking about ... Cyber Monday? ... Black Friday?

Originally Posted by RSS
Ah ... now it's clear. I'm more of a December 15ther.

Don't you bother yourself with all this talk. It's just stuff us plebs know about...like manual labour.
 

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
10,051
Reaction score
312
Originally Posted by Piobaire
It's just stuff us plebs know about...like manual labour.

Why I know about manual labor. I once attended the ground breaking of new building to house a family foundation. I was handed a shovel and asked to dig a hole ... the newspaper photographer wanted a photo. That is mighty hard work.

While it may come as a surprise ... as a young teen ... I cut lawns one summer. Now the next summer I taught swimming ... and that was more my style. But ... I know hard work ... even if I haven't known hard times.
 

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
60,020
Reaction score
22,665
Originally Posted by RSS
Why I know about manual labor. I once attended the ground breaking of new building to house a family foundation. I was handed a shovel and asked to dig a hole ... the newspaper photographer wanted a photo. That is mighty hard work.

While it may come as a surprise ... as a young teen ... I cut lawns one summer.


Wow, I totally misjudged you! And since you were obviously cutting lawns prior to the internal combustion engine...that must have been hard work.
 

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
10,051
Reaction score
312
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Wow, I totally misjudged you! And since you were obviously cutting lawns prior to the internal combustion engine...that must have been hard work.

I coudln't find a pic of me with the mower ... but here I am right after.

 

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
60,020
Reaction score
22,665
Originally Posted by RSS
I coudln't find a pic of me with the mower ... but here I am right after.




Well played.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 82 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 79 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 41 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 30 6.2%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 18 3.7%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 1.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.7%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 28 5.8%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,590
Messages
9,201,195
Members
193,207
Latest member
Ghaspar

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top