1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cutler & Gross at Capsule 2010

Discussion in 'Styleforum archived editorial articles' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

[​IMG] Cutler and Gross was a surprising entry at Capsule - as an understated luxury brand they seem out of place at a trade show like this. Of course with the massive success of the Wayfarer and blue chip Italian brands like Gucci having a business model practically based on sunglasses it makes sense that C & G would want a piece of the pie. The brand rep did have some reservations about speaking with us and having pictures taken so I'm guessing I'm not the only one seeing this incongruity. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

will own a pair of these one day

3. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

I'm a big eyewear collector and i always dream of a world where the quality matches the design of Cutler & Gross' eyewear collection. The build and materials leave a lot to be desired, especially for their price point and NOT having their line produced by Luxottica.

4. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

that's disappointing to hear i guess.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I can't tell you much about quality as I don't have the amount of glasses Kiya has, but my C&G glasses are leaps and bounds beyond what I previously had (it says handmade on the side, the hinges are sturdy and nice, and I think it's made of zyl). I like it a lot better than the Moscot ones I have tried. A little hefty, dense material, definitely like it.

6. LeonM

LeonM Senior member

Cutler & Gross used to have a decent website that actually showed their range...

I recently broke the hinge of a 5 year old pair by standing on them, which was my fault not the manufacture.

Leon

7. mindfolkmedia

mindfolkmedia Member

anyone know if Oliver Goldsmith, had his first name ripped off by the LA firm Peoples? They are now part of the Italian lunettes firm, that I think owns Ray Ban, Persol, and perhaps they are the private contractor or own the licences from most of the Euro ready-to-wear brands. Or I may be misguided.

8. mindfolkmedia

mindfolkmedia Member

I'm a big eyewear collector and i always dream of a world where the quality matches the design of Cutler & Gross' eyewear collection. The build and materials leave a lot to be desired, especially for their price point and NOT having their line produced by Luxottica.
    Luxoticca, the firm I meant to reference. Ta.

9. Listi

Listi Senior member

Cutler makes some nice frames from what I've seen on Forward. Would definitely buy a pair if I had the money, I need a constant income flow and "discretionary fund" before I do so, however.

10. UpperWestie

UpperWestie Senior member

Cutler makes some nice frames from what I've seen on Forward. Would definitely buy a pair if I had the money, I need a constant income flow and "discretionary fund" before I do so, however.

Just picked up a pair of C&G 0849 in Black. Been wearing glasses my entire life and I must say these are the most well made pair I have ever owned. The price is so far justified.

11. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

i love my pair. i definitely would buy another one. my only concern is that the frames scratch rather easily, but that may be my own fault.

12. UpperWestie

UpperWestie Senior member

i love my pair. i definitely would buy another one. my only concern is that the frames scratch rather easily, but that may be my own fault.

Really? I found the exact opposite. I have the 849 in black and I dropped them from my shirt pocket onto pavement. Picked them up, not a scratch. I was actually impressed with the durability. But this is only after 1 week...

13. robbz9206

robbz9206 Senior member

Just picked up a pair of C&G 0849 in Black. Been wearing glasses my entire life and I must say these are the most well made pair I have ever owned. The price is so far justified.

who is your avatar and do you know about the eye of horus ha?

14. rjacobs

rjacobs Senior member

edit: one day i'll learn to check thread dates